Prospect Park Wants to Air AMC and OLTL On Cable Network

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the USA Network is a high possibility for this since Prospect Park has ties with them. I rarely watch that network though so I'm not sure if AMC & OLTL are the types of shows they'd consider airing on their network.

Highly doubt OWN would consider airing AMC & OLTL after what Oprah had to say about "saving" them, but who knows now?

Bravo & Oxygen are good possibilities to. Guess we'll see how it works out, I'd love if we still got to see them on TV!!

AMC & OLTL do not fir on USA or BRAVO at all.

OWN wouldnt surprise me. "saving" them is a lot different than paying a license fee to air them

I thought ABC still technically owns the shows even after they go off the air, and Prospect Park are paying to use them.

sort of.

PP is producing them/paying for them but ABC owns them still. PP is able to find them a home on cable tho. How ABC would fact into that, if at all, is unclear

• Members

I agree that these shows do not fit on a USA, Bravo, even TNT. But I hesitate to say that I don't think they fit on what Orpah wants OWN to be which is to celebrate the human spirit, female empowerment, human potential, etc. With the misogny on todays soaps, I guess I am just missing how well they would fit her vision. ON the flip side Oprah and soaps have been together for years on the air so I can see the synergy there. INteresting to say that AMC is actually much better these days and aside from the soap cliched back from the dead nonsense, the rest of the stuff is not bad.

• Members

If you guys had it your way, on what cable channel and at what time would AMC and OLTL air? And is it just me, or does the idea of obtaining two hours of programming time from an established cable company almost seem like too much to ask for? If AMC and OLTL were sold/marketed as a package deal of two half hour shows, I for whatever reasons see that working into various cable channels' programming a lot easier. Sort of a twin set, like the numerous hour blocks of two 30 min. sitcom episodes in syndication. Your thoughts?

• Members

My first instinct would be to say Hallmark Channel, but I don't know if AMC would really fit there. I'm gonna take a moment to pimp my neverending dream of ATWT movies on Hallmark Channel.

But anyway, I guess the perfect set up for me would be having AMC on OWN in its regular noon timeslot *watches the east coasters roll their eyes at "noon"* With an encore at 10pm or something. I don't use the other soap listed.

• Members

ABC Family or my greatest hope Lifetime. I would assume that the new AMC and OLTL, after each show departs ABC, would resemble some of the shows currently on both networks. Yes, some shows on ABC Family do tend to go for a younger audience, but I don't the network would be against adopting a few more dramas.

• Members

I don't see them airing on Lifetime, they don't remotely seem interested in soaps.

Honestly it's hard to picture a cable network interested in airing soaps, except maybe Fox or the CW

If they dont get picked up by cable the soaps dont stand a chance online with all the costs Errol mentioned in his piece.

• Members

So PP would be paying the licensing fees or would the network that picks them up have to do that?

If they dont get picked up by cable the soaps dont stand a chance online with all the costs Errol mentioned in his piece.

I figured that from the get go. IMO they should have tried the cable option before anything and online be a last resort

• Members

So PP would be paying the licensing fees or would the network that picks them up have to do that?

I figured that from the get go. IMO they should have tried the cable option before anything and online be a last resort

I think the online option allowed them to get the government funding they needed. If not for that would they have gotten that grant they got? And seeing how our federal government loves to throw money around at a lot of unproductive ventures, I can see PP getting a ton of grant money. NOt that I don't think online development is not a good idea but I could certainly think of better things the US government could throw a few hundred

million dollars at or even a few million.

Archived