Prospect Park Wants to Air AMC and OLTL On Cable Network

• Members

'All My Children', 'One Life To Live' To Return To TV? Soaps Shopped To Cable Networks

ABC's canceled daytime dramas All My Children and One Life to Live may be returning to television. I hear that Prospect Park, the company that licensed the soaps from ABC and plans to relaunch them online in the first quarter of 2012, is meeting with cable networks -- both big-tent, general entertainment networks and female-centered nets -- about TV sales of the two series and is getting interest.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They licensed the brands from ABC, and they can make a deal with any cable network willing to give them money to air the shows they produce. In the article, it says they would likely air after the online premieres at first (meaning they would air on TV either later the same day, the next day, or the next week), but that could change to same-day online and TV premieres of each episode later.

I wonder which networks might go for it? Lifetime's been hurting badly lately, so it could be them....there's even OWN, since Oprah would be saving the soaps without shelling out a lot of money for them....USA, since they have a relationship with Prospect Park...or any number of others. Hmmm....

• Members

They aren't selling them to cable. LOL. They're looking for a cable network to pick up the rights to air them. Either way, ABC will make out like a bandit. So there goes the reports that ABC doesn't want them to air on another network. I guess they don't care if it's cable?

• Members

I'm very excited by the idea of them airing on a cable network. They may be interested considering they aren't producing them, just licensing them to air. I wish Lifetime or WEtv or Hallmark would consider them.

And it's also interesting that PP has denounced rumors they also picked up GH.

We have so many conflicting articles! LOL. I wish PP would just come out and say exactly what's up.

LOL. True. I guess I missed that. Dunno how, I read the whole article. Hahaha.

Archived