AMC: New promo about the returns

• Members

Its very Days of our Lives, and not really representative of AMC's core values as a soap, but those values have been ignored for the better part of the last 15 yrs anyway. I am glad it gets us all these returns, but yes I agree with you.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And ignore his most popular pairing that competed with the likes of Zendell at their peak? Unlikely. It would be similar to other characters not reconnecting with their other halves who were popular and it would be incomplete. AMC is bringing back former/dead characters who were important to the characters on the canvas now (Dixie for Tad, Zach for Kendell, Babe for JR, Leo semi-for Greenlee, etc.) and giving them and their viewers-fans closure, I don't believe that is in anyway unnecessary. It's a cherry on top of a sundae to end the series. To ignore any flagship couple would be AMC ignoring a part of it's history and legacy in the hearts of all fans. Every character returning has meaningful impact on the show. I could understand if Del, Josh, Di, Aiden, Sydney or other relatively meaningless characters were being brought back because they impacted little if any story but to say major players on AMC shouldn't be welcomed back? Well safe to say I just don't agree with that at all. Maria is back and I can't think of one storyline that she currently connects to apart from David. Hate her (Babe) all that you want but the character is still relevant to this day and thus she deserves to comeback because she was a notable character.

• Members

I guess its the word relevancy we are on different sides of. I am sure Babe had and has her fans ( you included) and I am sure this will satisfy them and the fans of J.R. and Babe. I guess because I was a fan of neither is one reason why it doesn't do a thing for me. But, also... as a longtime viewer of this show, she may be relevant to the last 6-8 years, and yeah.. she is still has been made relevant the last few years by the writers. But her true relevance to the overall history of this show IMO is minuscule. I've always resented how LEGACY characters, including J.R., were sacrificed to make this character look good. The list is long.

She's better off dead and buried IMO.

• Members

This could be said about many characters returning though, a huge bulk of these characters who are returning have been on AMC for a short amount of time compared to it's 40 year history. Cady holds the greatest distinction with 14 years on and off which amounts to little more then a third of AMC history. I don't think that makes other characters return such as Leo (who has spent the least amount of time on the show with 3 years) any less meaningful to the show, it's history, the character his return will impact (Greenlee) and the current story created due to his return/re-arrival.

But I do understand why you don't want Babe to return, and I respect your opinion. I was just arguing that there most certainly is reason for her to and arguing that her return is not meaningless.

• Members

Does it matter that AMC is being overly campy though if it leads to heart warming interactions and returns which is the heart and manifesto of AMC? I honestly don't care how we get it, so much as the characters are their purpose are lived up to and given a hearty shot of closure.

• Members

F*ck GreenB!tch and F*ck Babe's happy "if it is" ending. I still don't see anyone calling for her return. Banners, icons, sites? oh yeh a misplaced scene in a promo.Every couple on there was unforgettable, that ho Babe isn't.:lol:

I still have hopes that b!tch is still dead. b/c there was not nothing ppl wanted to remember about her the past few yrs.

ETA: To think Babe might be alive and Leo is still dead, is a spit in the face to soaps.:mad:

• Members

It's a really exciting promo and I'm looking forward to pretty much everything.

I've pretty much given up hope that Michael B. Jordan will be able to make an appearance :( Was hoping for Finn Wittrock to make one last appearance as well. Is Shannon Kane not coming back after all either?

• Members

They're laughing now. Screw em. You can't wrap up a 40+ year show in four months in a realistic way. There's no such thing. I'm beginning to think we're about to get a St. Elsewhere or Roseanne ending and the last scene will be David in a straight jacket in a mental hospital with Erica asking the doctor if there's been any improvement.

"No," says the doctor. "He's just as catatonic as he was the day his daughter died."

Then Erica pays the bill for next year's treatment and leaves to go on her book tour for "Erica Kane: Uncensored."

I've given up on MBJ too but I think we'll see Shannon again. Wittrock just wanted out so I'm not surprised he's not back plus that would just be one more thing to have to explain to Dixie. :lol:

Archived