AMC: New promo about the returns

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. That shot is from 2006. Greenlee/Leo is going to be the big storyline here. As it should be. It will be sweet but extremely brief. I would love for Greenlee to end up with Leo but well that doesn't look like it's going to be in the cards.

• Members

I've never even seen Greenlee and Leo, wasn't watching then, but just looked up some clips up them randomly on YouTube, including his "death." Holy CRAP, I'm nearly crying. There are no words for how immense their power is and how good this show was at the time.

• Members

If they can namedrop Thorsten Kay (He is NOT a name former AMC star, sorry) they can certainly mention David Canary.

In fact they should have just said the characters names aside from Carol Burnett and Josh (Josh Duhamel as Leo would've worked).

• Members

Damn, Babe alive... not sure why Lorraine and Agnes felt she was a "legacy" character worth resurrecting. Many consider the character of Babe a figurehead of everything that went wrong with this show.

If we were bound to get Marissa, I always say the show should have tried to put Havins in the role (as a brunette).... I like Alexa, hated Babe, but I always enjoyed Alexa.

• Members

Babe was pretty important to the show between 2003-2008. Not including her in the story would bring more attention to her absence then her being there. She is also the most important relationship JR has ever been in and JR is a core character in AMC. It makes sense to bring Babe back if only to pair them back together. They were a very popular pairing even when the characters themselves weren't very well liked. One of the few flagship couples created within the 2000's and even though it may grate with viewers she was notable and she did have her a purpose on the show. She certainly does have a place in the finale and certainly was important to story more important then a lot of wtf characters that are on the show now.

• Members

I'll give you the part about her being more relevant than some of the "wtf" characters on the canvas, yes and hell... I'll even give you the part about her and J.R. as one of the more relevant couples of the last decade. But I am sorry, I fundamentally disagree with the bolded parts.

J.R.'s arc should have completed with him single, reunited with his mother and back in recovery. That would have been more than sufficient.

• Members

You're wrong.

Moving on...this whole ridiculous plot (seriously, how many dead people does David have hidden away?) is why soaps are dying. It's a cute nod to the show's past however, I guess.

Archived