July 11-15, 2011

Toups

• Members

I've avoided all the conversation above so forgive me if somebody has already mentioned this but I'm curious to see what effect, if any, this weeks heat wave will have on total viewers. It's really no different that a snowstorm hitting a huge swath of the country.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You got Jill Phelps and Brian Frons and Guza loyalist Elizabeth Korte, they fired a couple of writers and replaced them

from the same pool from what I understand (rumors) its "Frons vision that is being scribed" and some things he's mandated that can not be changed. So whatever Wolf can get him along w/(Jill the show killah) to approve.

Its just mindboggling that GH can't crack a 2.0 in dailies after gaining viewers they are still in the onesies..Y/R use to be written different for me but lately I'm having trouble w/the writing it seems like they are scrambling: Sharon just faked her death, Skye faked her death before her...didn't Adam fake his death...Cane faked his death...now Diane fakes her death?

HUH?

• Members

Fans are tuning into GH for writing changes? I am curious how many people who watch GH actually know and care who the HW is and I say the same for any show including all those who think LB's AMC will increase simply because she is now writing. I will stick with the same thought process I have forever is that people tune in if a promo gets their attention or outside events such as weather events and such. Sustained viewership increases come from whether or not something longer term can keep the attention of the viewers.

As for Ann's point, I think I get what she is saying. In the heavy ABC markets, the ABC soaps all preceed Oprah. GH airs just before it I think in something like 28 percent of their market. With Oprahs being a followup to GH now gone, this could be enough of a factor to cause people to tune out espcially if you were primarily an Oprah fan. Or it could just again be part of the natural aging and attrition of the audience.

• Members

First up, this is my opinion about why GH's demos have sunk. Obviously, I used the wrong word when I said "cancelled," but it is obvious what I meant so I have no clue why you are spazzing out over that, but whatever floats your boat.

Hey, nothing wrong with having a good belly laugh. Life is too short not to.

• Members

Thank you AMLC very much glad you appreciate my analysis as I like to call it as I see it. I will do that every week then.

OLTL will slow climb to 3 million viewers but will eventually get there by November. I think their getting some school viewers during the summer which helps them out as they move online and the kids can keep up with the show there.

• Members

GH's numbers the next few weeks should be interesting as I think GH fans just want to see the show get back to the basics and tell good stories. I've heard nothing but good things from GH since last week about how the show is going lately so that's a positive sign some of them may tell other people to comeback to it as we head into the fall.

Yeah I agree the Y&R numbers are awful, I barely see 3.6s+ anymore from them anymore. The show is either a mess or this is just apart of the annual declines that each soap has had the past 20 years.

B&B looks really healthy right now as they were in that ATWT territory for a while but with Y&R being weaker its amazing to see what their doing right now.

• Members

I think its interesting how the younger viewers react to the shows. The 18-34 demo has pretty much collapsed for all the soaps and I know people here love to ignore the demos, but those are younger women, you know the audience of the future tuning out.

BUt whats more interesting are the "school age" demo 12-18. These fluctuate greatly every week with Y&R in the lead one week then Days then OLTL or GH which says a lot about viewer loyality when it comes to the younger folks. My guess is they tune in when they see something big happening and then tune into the next show the next week for the same thing etc.. But its an age group to keep an eye on especially as it relates to future online viewers

Archived