AMC Monday, July 18, 2011

• Members

Marley, exactly. And I'm not really complaining from a fan standpoint as much as a creative one. Regardless of my feelings (or lack thereof) for Marissa, I do care about Bianca. I hope this is a s/l they continue to flesh out on @// My Children.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They probably used the same amount of makeup they've spackled on to Bianca and Cara and Colby and Greenlee and Madison and every other under-40 woman in Pine Valley.

I have no love for SG or Marissa (no hate either) but I don't understand this comment. On any given day the women of AMC look like the cast of La Cage Au Folles.

• Members

Maybe I was confused bc I looked again and didnt see him. I think I might have confused Jack for him in the clips circa ~ 2002. Oh well. Caleb was definetly in there. Nick Davis too

They didnt show him but both her weddings to him were covered in that montage

• Members

Ben is ok for what he does. He's by no means one of the worst actors I've seen on the show (and he does play the empathy card well without overplaying it), but I really don't think the character or especially the actor have the versatility to do much more with them.

I actually thought the Krystal stuff was handled pretty well--considering it was compacted into one episode, I assume for time sake.

That made me laugh out loud. I love how her idea of happiness is basically a 1950s housewife's (well the idea of happiness 1950s housewives were TOLD to want, anyway).

Speaking of, I find Jesse's pants... weird on someone his age. They usually look normal, and then in certain shots you realize they're some jazzed up take on cargo pants or something with zippers and pockets everywhere.

• Members

Yes! I get the feeling that was by no means the original intention, so it's great that they've managed to use it that way. Even having Jane play the kinda Erica cliche helps reinforce that--and then contrasting them. And, while I've seen NEARLY all of those flashback scenes before, that was by far one of the better flashback montages they've had in a while (dare I say even better than the majority of the clips we saw in the Anniversary episode, at least in how it was put together).

My only complaint. (Her and original Kendall). I wish they'd just cut their losses at this point and show flashbacks, no matter which actor is which)

It would be interesting to see Erica try to repair the damage, but maybe at first not letting David in on the fact that she's the real Erica to get one over on him (if she could manage to stop being sexually obsessed with him and not have him be suspicious--she could always say something Jane-ish like wanting to not have sex again till their wedding night)

Besides the fact that only two episodes from the 60s exist, I believe. (Just like how with AMC a bunch--5 or 6 at least--of B&W kinescopes of 1970-71 material exists, and then there seems to largely be a gap until they started saving ABC soap episodes around 1977)

I think they have less issue with that because it's meant to be a younger version of the character. Like we saw a flashback recently of one of the kid actors playing JR... You can say "they looked different cuz they weren't grown" :P

To be fair, she was kinda bitchy (with good reason) and suspicious of her a bit back when she saw Krystal getting close to Jack. I don't think she's fully back to thinking Krystal's perfect (and Bianca has a ridiculous amount of forgiveness in her). But it's a valid point

I like SG as Marissa (though sometimes I have issue) I didn't think I'd EVER read someone wanting BA back... Otherwise, agreed. :P

• Members

I liked AM fine as Scott, but I think Cosgrove has brought a LOT more to the character - I couldn't imagine caring about Madison and AM's Scott, for example. Cosgrove at least seems like he does have a slightly conflicted side, and could have been in prison, etc.

I really liked the Krystal/Mar stuff as I said, but I definitely agree they were completely rushed to speed things along.

• Members

I loved the flashbacks but I wish we had a voiceover to go with it since Jane was supposed to be listening to Erica's description of her life, not watching a video of it.

Erica pointing out how foolish Jane is was the highlight of the episode for me.

The Minx/Krystal scenes were really good.

I was hoping Frankie would mention to Jesse that Maya recently gave up a child, but it looks like Jesse figured out she might be the birth mother on his own. I can't wait for this story to get moving along!

Archived