AMC Monday, July 18, 2011

• Members

AMC has been on FIYAH for over a week now...today's flashbacks just cemented it! Absolutely loved them and wish they had done a similar tribute to SL at the Emmy's instead of the cringe-worthy travesty that they presented.

I could have done without the Marissa scenes. Sorry, but SG's version just does nothing for me. I'd gladly welcome BA back in a nanosecond. Love how she's just as judgmental & patronizing about David as she is about JR. I guess that's consistent with her sanctimonious, crap-don't-stink attitude.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im loving Krystal's reaction to Marissa's news. She handled it very well and impressed me. Those were her best scenes all year

Oh it was! I also loved her later line "Im getting married...to a doctor!" Watching her get giddy and childlike was hilarious

amc01718111.png

Marissa does her best Wendy Williams "How you doin?" face

amc01718112.png

Love Angie and Lucy's hair!

• Members

Erica should bring Ben to PV for Opal. :wub:

Thank GOD this crappy Jane/David Hayward is almost over. I haven't watched in weeks. Can't stomach either of them.

KWAK is such a freaking loser and Bianca is a moron. HELLO? THIS SKANK STOLE YOUR CHILD. Idiot.

• Members

I agree, and I'm not gonna fake like I was ever a Marissa fan, but I saw no need in BA nor AM being replaced.

I know there isn't much time, but Marissa's scenes with Krystal seemed a little rushed (I feel like some well-crafted scenes of her alone thinking could have been very effective) and a bit preachy (parents, *this* is how you should react). A big problem for me is that I just don't see Marissa's awesome appeal for Bianca and J.R. both to be chasing after her (though for J.R. I think it is more of an ego thing), AND I feel like her story with Bianca seems too much like a story the writers made happen opposed to let happen.

• Members

It does suck that they left Dimitri out. Unless....maybe he's a surprise return. (Kidding!)

The sight of Myrtle always does me in.

Can we now stop worrying about whether we're going to get a suitable ending? Between the returns and the flashbacks, clearly the show is in wrap up mode. I think we're going to get flashback montages for everyone over the next two months.

• Members

Sheez, how much makeup have they piled on her?

She looks like a drag queen.

The Minx scenes has been at warp speed since LB took over. I'm kinda thinking she just wants it out of the way so she can focus on other storylines which I appreciate but it's still bad writing.

It basically took Marissa finding out that Bianca is the one that knows Marissa likes Orange soda and donuts, to fall in love with her. It's a bit more complex than that I would think, realizing you are attracted (is she attracted?) to another woman.

I also think the scenes with KWAK who of course would be portrayed as the biggest MINX cheerleader there is despite having inexplicably been on team JR 2 weeks ago, were inconsistent at best.

They hinted at Marissa always knowing why it didn't work out with JR (because she likes women) and then in the next scene saying how she could never trust JR but she can trust Bianca because she's good. (like she's settling and Marissa is the safe choice).

Also, are they a couple now? That's it? Marissa's straightness gone and Bianca's hesitation gone?

As a proud JR fangurl, I'm not complaining but it's just shoddy pacing and writing.

Archived