AMC: actor to possibly make a cameo appearance

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It'd be nice to see Daisy and Nina back but I guess after Palmer's funeral there's not huge reason. The actress who played Tara the most (blanking on her name, but she stared in Sat Night Fever) is apparently a bit nuts, but also has said over and over how much she'd love to return... I dunno, even if they did a quick party scene like they did for the 25th anniversary specials where you saw so many people, it could be nice.

But as much as I wasn't a huge fan of last Jamie, it does make sense to bring him back, especially with Brooke there. (Laura, meh)

• Members

To imply that Babe is the "large" part of AMC's downfall is just as preposterous. The statement in general obscures the fact that AMC continued to fail even in her absence. She hasn't been on the show for three years and that is more then enough time to comeback from one character 'ruining' the show. The fact that AMC continued on a downward trajectory after her removal from the show only tells us that AMC had much bigger problems then one sole character. AMC was still sinking ship way after Babe's departure and way after she was removed from story. I'd also argue that Amanda Baker's Babe (2007-2008) was quite innocuous and didn't impact significant story in anyway until after her death.

Well at least you felt something about the character, which is more then I can say about most of the characters on screen now a days. The worst thing to feel about a soap character isn't hatred, it's complete apathy and that is the thing that killed AMC. People stopped caring about the every day lives and events of these characters and as a result viewers stopped tuning in because the show was boring them.

• Members

I agree that Babe was part of the big airtime issues on AMC but when you look back at the last 6-7 years she isn't even the worst culprit.

Top Five airtime holders for every year from 2004-present.

Listed in order:

2004- Kendell, Bianca, Ryan, Babe, JR

2005- Kendell, Ryan, JR, Greenlee, Zach

2006- Babe, Kendell, JR, Zach, Ryan

2007- Kendell, Zach, Ryan, Babe, JR

2008- Greenlee, Kendell, Zach, Ryan, Annie

2009- Zach, Ryan, David, Kendell, Erica

2010- Greenlee, Ryan, David, JR, Annie

2011- Kendell, Griffin, Cara, Tad, Ryan

Somewhere along the way viewers got turned off on the same characters being featured continuously, no suitable new blood entering the show and vets being cut from the cast with little to no notice so in turn they stopped viewing. Babe herself is only a small portion of that. Specifically since the last time she impacted story in a big way in regards to airtime was near four years ago when she was a front-burner character with J.R.

Amanda Baker's Babe got her airtime cut BIG time and was quickly thrusted out the door with barely a year in the role.

• Members

She does. It was posted yesterday in another thread.

By the way, I'm not sure why Jamey Giddens (or Alexa) would describe Justin Bruening's potential return as a "cameo" appearance - a term that doesn't typically apply to someone reprising their own role on the same show. Shouldn't it be "guest appearance?" Unless he's just going to be a waiter at Krystal's....

Archived