OLTL: Discussion for the week of July 4

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me too. Unlike Ford, Brody's redemption was believable and organic. And he was never truly a bastard who really needed *redemption* per se to begin with, he was just a hurt, broken soul who needed help. They've tried to go that route with Ford i.e., Eddie ad Inez being bad parents, but it has been so transparent and forced.

• Administrator

Exactly. It's just sad seeing a good character like Brody being destroyed like this in favour of the likes of John and Ford. I don't even understand Brody's justification of not telling the truth. I also don't like how Brody forgot all about Ryder. Such bad writing. This feels like a Guza-esque type destruction of a character (ie. Stefan, AJ).

• Members

The best parts of today's show?

Liam chirping.

The interruption even though I can't believe the b!tch wasn't found guilty. But even that was better than today's show.

Someone needs to tell GT that Kelly hasn't been girlish and coy for a very long time. The whole wide eyed "What are we doing?" thing isn't very believable when you've done almost everyone.

And why weren't most of these people at the hospital. Jessica was kidnapped so she gets a break. But Joey and Natalie?

• Members

I was gonna ask haha. How frickin' weird. Must've been ABC's way of thanking people for ditching their families to watch their rerun :lol:

Tom and Gina look good together but WOW are they dull.

I like the Charlie's Angels Aubrey and Rama :)

So...let me get this straight. Jess can apologize for hurting Ford but can't do the same for Brody? Is this a sick joke?

• Members

This is RC by the book. Did you see the Sky exit?

If Bree Williamson hadn't tanked her showcase story in 2008, resulting in some of all the time worst hamming on soaps (and, thanks to the writers, some of the worst material ever - that stillbirth still makes me shudder), Brody would have been gone in late 2008. He was there to show us the wonder of Gigi/Rex and to be grateful that Shane's "real" father wasn't a psycho vet. Then Bree flopped, and needed support, so Brody was put in her story until their pet Tess could be given to generic ass of the month like Ford.

Archived