Soap mentions on other shows

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually yes, OLTL did it twice in one episode. I think it was a special forth of July episode where Rae Cumming had a dream where everyone dressed up as everyone else. Todd was Viki, Bo was RJ, Ben was a nun, etc.... but during the episode, Bo said something like "Where do you think this is Rae, Pine Valley?" then when Rae woke up, she told Viki she dreamed she was in a weird place and Viki said, "Port Charles?"

Oh on Designing Women, Julia snuck off to sing at some club and Charlene thought Julie had a split personality. As she was trying to tell the others, she said something like "Don't you ever watch One Life to Live."

on an episode of Dynasty, Fallon watched General Hospital. She never said it but in one episode, it showed Jeff comming into the library and Fallen watching it. It was early 80's and showed a clip of Heather Webber talking to someone else.

Roseanne loved both General Hospital and OLTL. She openly said that's why she called her town "Llaford" after Llanview. She not only mentioned the shows, but the character had a dream that she was in Llanview and the actors who played Bo, (original) Clint and Cord all were in the dream. Then in one episoe she watched GH and at the end of the episode, Luke and Laura showed up at her diner.

• Members

Anyone remember that Blair Brown show "The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd." In one episode, Molly is serving on jury duty, and another member of the panel hopes she's not called back for a second day. She comments that "I'm not missing All My Children again for this tomorrow." Also, on All in the Family, Edith mentions The Secret Storm. On Will & Grace, Karen gets mad on the phone with Rosario because she forgot to TIVO One Life to Live. On Golden Girls, Sophia mentions Y&R in one of the later seasons.

• Members

I remember one episode of Boy Meets World (The one were the whole episode is a horror movie/Scream spoof where everyone is killed) Feeny made a Y&R joke after getting annoyed with all the kids discussing their personal lives rather than his lesson, I think he said sarcastically, "We will return to the Young and the Restless after a short break"

Days has been mentioned on Passions many times over the years, even as far as showing them watch promos for it on their tvs, The show itself has been mentioned on the show as well LOL.

• Members

Yes,Rue played Caroline Johnson on AW.

30 Rock had a made up scene with Bo & Hope that Jack and Liz were watching.

On Will & Grace,Rosario stated Jack was on Guiding Light.

Diagnosis Murder did a Y&R episode that played off Victoria Rowell being on both shows.

Also,back in the early 80's,there was a OLTL episode when a character (I think a ditsy secretary at the hospital) was watching other ABC soaps.

Archived