Soap mentions on other shows

• Members

On former Swedish soap opera Nya Tider, a character was watching B&B, a scene with Stephanie & Eric. And she commented on the scene, but the comments did not match what was happening in the scene, as I had recently seen the episode... It was when Stephanie was in a wheelchair after her stroke.

I remember The Sopranos borrowed 2 scenes from B&B so that the viewers could see that Uncle Junior was watching it, on 2 different occasions.

Not on a series, but in a news report from a senior citizen home, B&B was on in the background as they interviewed someone.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How I met your mother: Episode 22, Season 5. Lily mentions The Young and the Restless.

The woman who lived in Ted's apartment before him still got some mail there, and then they met her and thought they knew a lot about her. Among other things, she got a soap opera magazine. So Lily asked her if anyone recently has watched a Y&R episode. No reaction. She was bummed no one else seemed to be a soap fan.

• Members

In the 90s, there was this show called I'll Fly Away, it was short lived, but the critics loved it. It was a period piece set in the south prior to desegregation and in the background of one of the scenes a television was playing an episode of The Guiding Light.

• Members

That was actually a two-fer. Morgan and Rossi are watching Y&R in the hotel room when Reid comes back and asks if they are watching DAYS.

On That 70's Show, Kitty freaks out when she cannot locate the "clicker" because she just wants to watch Guiding Light.

Of course, there are the hidden mentions on other shows. GH has done a few recently regarding DAYS. Not long after Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn were released, Sam was hired for a PI job to see if a client's wife was cheating and the names were Deidre Evans and Drake Black. Deidre was played by Valerie Wildman and Edward was using the name Drake. No one knows for sure but no one remembers Tracy's middle name being mentioned and they have said on a few occasions recently that it is Anjelica and Jane Elliot played Anjelica on DAYS.

On Gilmore Girls, Lorelai goes on a whole rant about Jacob Young's Lucky.

Archived