Soap mentions on other shows

• Members

Not sure if this has been discussed before.....?

Soaps being mentioned on other (primetime) shows.

I know B&B has been mentioned on Seinfeld and Sopranos (Kramer & Uncle Junior are fans).

AMC was on Spin City.

Days on Friends.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All My Children and General Hospital were also mentioned on Friends. Joey was up for a role on AMC and an actress Joey was dating broke things off after accepting a role on GH.

On Seinfeld, Kramer worked as a stand-in on All My Children.

Those are the only primetime programs I remember referencing specific real life soaps because they were actually part of the plot. :)

• Members

Dont quote me on this but I believe some combination of Y&R, AMC, Days and/or B&B was mentioned on Spyder Games. If I recall correctly, Cherish was talking about soaps with one of the other characters and said she and her grandmother fight everyday around 1 o'clock bc the soap she watches comes halfway in the middleof her grandmothers. The actual soap names were mentioned

This aint a primetime show, but Sunset Beach would occasionally reference Days

• Members

They made a reference to Charles Shaughnessy on DAYS when Fran and her mother were watching the show and said something about it not being the same since Shane left. Maxwell (Shaughnessy) then says that his accent was fake or something similar to that.

Archived