Soap mentions on other shows

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the first season of Dawson's Creek, Dawson and the gang were stuck in Saturday detention, overseen by the librarian who is seen watching/mentioned as catching up on a week's worth of Days of our Lives episodes. I believe it was a scene between Sami and Kate. :D

• Members

The Nanny-- She mentioned not having seen ALL MY CHILDREN in a month, which made her wonder if Erica's party was over yet.

Gilmore Girls--They mentioned the Carringtons of DYNASTY and, at one point, they were discussing the plural of cul-de-sac, which might have been a reference to KNOTS LANDING, considering they were clearly soap viewers lol. Oh, and I recall at some point, Paris was in a funk and Rory went to make her feel better. I believe she was watching Y&R and referenced the whole Ashley/Diane/Nikki/Victor spermgate thing. Rory was like "I can't believe you're watching dailies!"

Friends--Of course, DAYS was very prominent on it.

House--General Hospital

Btw, I believe we've already done this thread. :lol:

• Members

When Tom Eplin brought his "Jake McKinnon" from AW to ATWT, someone on the show asked him if he missed Bay City. He said no, "it seems like another world to me now".

When Kin Shriner played Keith on ATWT, he ran into Michael Baldwin who crossed over from Y&R to ATWT for a few episodes. When introduced, Shriner said "Your name is Baldwin? I knew a Baldwin once. Wily fellow."

• Members

When Deborah on Loving became a late-in-life model, she quipped that she'd be, "Just like Erica Kane on All My Children!" Erica was later referenced as a non-fictional person when Jeremy was killed, Gwyn saying that she had called and offered her condolences.

Archived