What movies have made you cry?

SnCCorinthos4ever

• Members

What movies have made you cry?

One's that you may have only shed a tear or two over.

One's that make you cry no matter how many times you watch it.

One's that you catch only a few minutes of and it just happens to be in that spot.

For me a few are

ET - always makes me cry, and I seem to always get it when it is when ET dies.

The Champ - Its the last several minutes of that one, even the end of the book had me crying.

Toy Story 3 - Yes this did make me cry, saw the last 10 minutes of it a few days back and it made me cry again. And I know of others that cried.

I rememeber years ago there was a movie called "A girl called Sooner" that made me cry.

Lassie Comes Home - Damm that dog and his love for a boy. Roddy McDowell & Elizabeth Taylor.

Little Women - the one with Margaret O'Brien.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This might sound silly, cause I RARLY cry for TV shows or movies but one that does every time is Charlotte's Web. Doesn't matter if it's the cartoon version or live-action version with Dakota Fanning, or the Book, as soon as Charlotte dies, I'm crying. I cried as kid, and as a 24 year old, still cry today when I watch it.

• Members

Imitation Of Life put a lump in my throat. It's heartbreaking. This girl is black but spends her whole life trying to pass for white and is ashamed of herself and her mother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW5agxl2keI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

and then the end is just sad as sad can be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B36_sybpws&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

• Members

Oh man quartermainefan, I can't say that I balled, but that random Sunday afternoon I went into my parents' room and sat at the foot of the bed while my mom watched this had a powerful affect on me. Naive me didn't even think that movies *back then* addressed stuff like this. It really struck a deep chord as the *passable* child of a black mother who for a window of childhood was a little ashamed around certain white school friends.

On that mama's boy note, I have that reflexive wistful choke up if while channel surfing I land on the end of Steel Magnolias or especially Beaches when C.C. does that little wave to heaven on That's the Story of Love. My mom LOVED those two movies. :(

As a kid, a movie that made me cry was Land Before Time when Littlefoot's mother died. I remember crying and running upstairs to my dad tearfully saying, "I'm glad I have parents!" reaching out to hug him! :lol: He couldn't help but laugh and it's no wonder he spent thousands on sending me to drama school. :lol:

As an adult, I cried at Dancer in the Dark which stirred up a lot of painful [!@#$%^&*] about my girlfriend who had just suddenly and tragically died.

As an acting student-slash-kid who lost his mother, I was shook to the core by Kim Stanley's graveside scene in The Goddess. I had LIVED that moment, said those very words, and I was stunned, just silence and tears when I saw that.

• Members

My brother, a soap watching mama's boy like me (but he took after mom with the Lifetime movies :rolleyes: ) cried like a baby when we saw Taken. He has a daughter, and the part where she says, "You found me", he was gone.

• Members

One that gets me every damn time is Steel Magnolias. Lawd, I can't NOT cry.

Also The Way We Were always get's me crying, and so does Love Story.

More recently,

My Sister's Keeper (book AND movie)

For Colored Girls

The Family that Preys

• Members

Away From Her is so painful to watch, but in a good way. Its so sad. I never saw La Vie En Rose, but I just coulsn't get over how Julie Christie did not win the Oscar.

United 93 got to me too. I've seen it several times and everytime I can't help but feel as if I am right on that plane with all those people. Its so well done. Doesn't feel like a movie.

• Members

The first TV show that ever made me cry was SEX AND THE CITY--Specifically, the Season 4 episode were Miranda's mother dies. The first movie that made me cry was MONSTER, at the end, when Charlize Theron nodded to her girlfriend to testify against her.

Other than that, THE LORD OF THE RINGS: The Return of the King always gets me crying when Sam says "I may not be able to carry it, but I can carry you" to Frodo and it only gets worse from there. When Frodo wakes up, I get misty, when everybody bows to them I cry, when they say their goodbyes I'm bawling my eyes out and I don't stop until at least 30 mins after the movie ends--every. single. time.

Gosh, there have been a few movies that made me cry but some I've only seen once or twice, like THE BLIND SIDE, THE KING'S SPEECH. Others, more often seen, but always managing to make me cry: the mourning of Dumbledore's death in HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE, SEX AND THE CITY when Carrie realizes Big is not coming, BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN...

They seem a lot but they're nothing compared to the number of movies I watch... I'm sure there's more, I'll post as they come to me!

• Members

My Girl makes me do the full on uncontrollable ugly bawling thing. Like i almost can not function. Always has.

A Nightmare on Elm st pt3. When nancy dies and kristen holds her, rocking her back and fourth, crying as she tells her she will dream her into a pretty dream. yeah, totally cry or at least tear up.

The Notebook. No shame. I cry, a lot. Same for Dear John, A Walk to Remember, etc..

Brokeback Mountain, same thing as above.

Love Story is another one.

Archived