DAYS: Gary Tomlin Fired

• Members
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If true, hopefully this means no more purple DAYS. That's my main beef, the cheep sets & purple lighting. I know he's suppost to be a budget wiz that has help keep DAYS on air, but just because your show has no budget, doesn't mean it has to look like it. There are ways to make the show look more expensive than it really is. Frank Valentini who learned from Gary, is a supposedly a budget wiz too and OLTL doesn't look that cheap with purple lighting and I can't imagine the budgets of the two shows being all that different.

• Members

Not only OLTL, but All My Children looks more expensive than DAYS, and AMC was the soap on ABC that had to undergo extensive budget cuts!

I hope it's true in the case that we get better production values. I'm kind of nervous who Corday will replace Tomlin with though, getting Ed Scott that one time was a stroke of luck and unfortunately it won't happen again.

• Members

LOL. And possibly Grayson McCouch IN! As Bo Brady!

Letting go of Gary Tomlin is a mistake. He's the one that has been holding Days together financially for the past couple of years. And he "gets" Days.

Archived