DAYS: Gary Tomlin Fired

• Members

I think it's a positive move. The show needs a new look and feel to go with its new writing regime. Nothing against Tomlin, I think he did the best he could under the circumstances (producing Higley's nonsense), but maybe a fresh eye and new energy is what the show needs. Whatever, I hope all the recent changes put this show back on track. DAYS can be a soap powerhouse when it's clicking on all cylinders.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love to know what people think the REAL DAYS versus the nuDays is? For almost 2 years Tomlin lead this show to recovery with moving some

focus to other parts of the show. WHy thats bad I have no idea all shows evolve. HIs blindspot IMO has been the oversatuarion of the Hernandez family

without really giving them any kind of backstory and decent intro and the oversaturation of EJ, Nicole, Sami, Rafe. Carly and Vivians return while

the story was utter crap, helped ratings. The baby switch story was probably the best soap story on any soap in the past 5 years and that was allegedy

his baby. If the REAL DAYS is Marlena, John, Bo, and Hope being front and center I don't agree. I think the biggest mistake this show made was cutting

younger characters tied to the core families and younger characters with potential. Chelsea, Belle, Shawn, even Nick should all be on canvas intertwined

with the stories of Bo, Hope, Jennifer, Carly, Sami, EJ, etc.. But then I am likely in the minority. Tomlin saved this show from cancellation. And while

I think axing Marlena and John from the canvas totally was a mistake, I remember the soap press calling it a gutsy and show saving move at the time and

while unpopular with fans, the ratings didn't suffer one bit. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

• Members

What I don't understand about the look of DAYS is whether DAYS has ever been known for a great look. I know they used to have a lot of location shoots, but weren't the clothes and hair and sets always kind of threadbare? Not as much as they are now obviously but I didn't think production values were ever the reason people watched DAYS.

I just hope they don't throw out all of Tomlin's ideas. I did enjoy Victor/Maggie, at least.

• Members

Brady was always kind of a campy, overdramatic, somewhat stupid man. I'm just glad he's got better hair and isn't singing opera.

They had no idea what to do with Lucas for years so while I would like to see him again I'm not sure what they would do with him. I'm afraid he would be there to shout or yell when Will comes out - then be written off again.

• Members

I think Eric is great. He's campy and OTT and fits in with Days and he has a certain charm about him. Is he a great actor no. But

hes one of the few males on this show I can actually root for.I can't say I liked him with Arianna or Nicole or even Chloe. I might

have enjoyed he and Taylor had they pursued that over the crap we have had to endure and it would have made more sense.

As for James Scott, I love him but I am on EJ overload totally and need a total break from his character. People talk about EM being cartoonish,

JS is OTT a lot but the better scenes of he with Lexie or Nicole can offset some of that scenery chewing and make him enjoyable to watch. Hes still on

much too much.

Archived