2011 Daytime Emmy Nominations

juniorz1

• Members

JASON47's DAYTIME EMMY PRESS RELEASE:

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "Days of Our Lives" for receiving 5 nominations for this year's Daytime Emmy Awards!  James Scott (EJ) has been nominated for the second year in a row in the lead actor category. First-time nominee Chandler Massey (Will) is up for best younger actor.

Also nominated is the "Days" writing team: head writer Dena Higley (6th nomination); script editor Fran Myers (5th nomination); associate writer Michelle Poteet Lisanti (2nd nomination); and first time nominees, co-head writer Christopher Whitesell, script writer David Cherrill, script writer Carolyn Culliton, script writer Richard Culliton, script writer John Newman, script writer Ryan Quan, associate writer Rick Draughon, associate writer Jeanne Marie Ford and associate writer Lisa Seidman.

Executive producer/composer Ken Corday has received his "Days"-leading 20th overall nomination, this year being nominated as part of the music direction/composition team, along with music director/composer D. Brent Nelson (8th nomination) and music director Steve Reinhardt (7th nomination).

Rounding out the "Days" nominees this year is the technical direction/electronic camera/video control team. Technical directors Mike Caruso and John O'Neill, as well as cameramen Michael Mecartea and John Sizemore have each received their 5th nominations for "Days." They are nominated along with cameraman Bill Scott (3rd nomination), cameraman Hugo Morelli (2nd nomination), video control operator Ken Williamson (2nd nomination) and video control operator Alexis Dellar-Hanson (2nd nomination).

Congratulations also to Crystal Chappell (Carly), who received a nomination as executive producer of the web series "Venice", which was nominated in the Special Class Short Format category. "Days" stunt coordinator Terry James has also received a nomination for his stunt coordination work on "The Young and the Restless."

"Days of Our Lives" has now received 197 overall Daytime Emmy nominations. The 38th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards will air live on CBS ay 9PM ET on Sunday evening, June 19, 2011. The non-televised categories will be given out at the Creative Arts ceremony on Friday, June 17, 2011. "Jeopardy" host Alex Trebek and "Wheel of Fortune" host Pat Sajak will each receive the Lifetime Achievement Award. Congratulations to all the nominees! For complete information on all the "Days" past and present nominees, please visit http://www.jason47.com

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't see that and damn sure didn't know this category existed.

I'll go ahead and be an !@#$%^&*] and say since I thought OLTL was a giant turd last year, I have no problem with its lack of nominations in the drama or writing categories.

Laura Wright? Well, I guess Katherine Kelly Lang will finally get hers next year....

• Members

I'm surprised and happy Doug Davidson and Tricia Cast were nominated. The only two in that category, besides Nancy Lee Grahn, who are actually supporting actors. I will be pleased if Davidson somehow beats Chompers, who gave up on his acting a long time ago, IMO. None of the others in that category are supporting actors, and several of them, like JJ, are nominated based on what they were a long time ago, not their work now.

• Members

Britanny Allen as Potted Plant Chandler :lol: You can tell they were scraping the bottom of the barrel withthat one considering theres only 3 nominees total

Im glad Debbie Morgan and MCE got nominated. They so deserve a win. I cant beleive That Woman got nominated on GH though

No Jerry ver Dorn is a BIG FAIL of massive proportions

• Members

I'm thrilled for Michael Park! There's a sweet story that Maura picked his reel and campaigned for him, so that takes some of the sting out of her absence, not that it still doesn't blow.

I am surprised neither Trent or ESS got a nod.

And Julie Who-Did-She-Get-Billy-To-Blow Pinson....UGH. Just UGH! I almost would have rather seen Terri Columbino. Almost.

Archived