2011 Daytime Emmy Nominations

juniorz1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Debbie is fine..but MCE...meh.....If it wasnt for Colleen being nominated I wouldnt even watch this years Emmys. I cant believe ATWT only got 4 nominations. Julie shouldnt have gotten a nom again...she sucks and already won. That nod should have gone to ESS or he should have gotten the nom in place of the crappy writting nominee Jean Pissy got...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Members

I didnt care for the character. I think thats why I didnt care for MCE acting too.

I cant believe shitty GH got the most nominations.....most of the list blows......ugh

And Eric Sheffer Stevens with Michael Park and Maura West carried ATWT the last [!@#$%^&*] year!!

• Members

I absolutely disagree with Soapsuds love of Colleen Zenk. WHY was she nominated? In any Colleen Zenk scene I saw on ATWT, she always acted like she was acting. Beautiful, yes. Good actress, no. She won't win.

• Members

I couldn't disagree more. Colleen Zenk was one of the best things about ATWT the last few years. It was a shame though that TPTB had her spend too much time involved in Paul's storyline. When she got her own the last year she showed what an asset she was to the show. With more emphasis on her and Elizabeth Hubbard (another powerhouse) ATWT would have had a better chance of surviving. I hope that she gets the Emmy, because she deserves it!

• Members

They were great, but honestly, for me, ATWT's last year was carried by Liz Hubbard, Colleen Zenk and Trent Dawson. Dawson's omission is downright criminal, especially since I'm 99.9% sure that he submitted the Henry/Vienna wedding. That reel had it all- drama, comedy, drunk Henry- it was amazing and one of the best ATWT episodes of 2010. That's largely in thanks to Zenk & Dawson, with a dash of Don Hastings' one liners.

She was nominated because she carried ATWT in 2010 and gave the best performance in all of soaps throughout 2010. The only time where her acting was a bit much was in the Barbara and the Clown episodes, but you have to make BIG choices to make scene after scene after scene of playing off nobody but a stuffed clown even somewhat entertaining. To a degree, she managed to do that. But she was AMAZING during the Vienna/Henry/Barbara triangle- especially in scenes where Barbara was feeling alone, questioning her age. I remember a particularly poignant scene where Barbara is staring at herself in the mirror, looking at all her flaws and age, questioning whether she's lost her beauty and is washed up. Yes, Zenk is GORGEOUS and it's rumored that she wasn't thrilled with that aspect of the storyline. But she played it beautifully- every woman in America of a certain age could relate to what Barbara was going through- Zenk's emotions were palatable.

In short, Zenk gave the most human, layered, nuanced, and relatable performance of any actress in 2010 and not only earned her nomination, but the win as well. She submitted a knock-out performance (Henry & Barbara's wedding) that deserves recognition.

• Members

I did leave out Hubbard and Zenk. It was so refreshing to see them again along with Stevens, Park, and West. Had the show focused on them instead of Juicy Janet, Liberrty and so many useless characters.....ATWT would have been more enjoyable to watch. The show got that spark once they were featured.

Archived