OLTL: Matthew/Bo/Nora spoilers from TV Guide

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wouldn't it be amazing if he woke up though? Maybe now with cancellation somebody will have a common sensegasm and give viewers a typically soapy deathbed scene only to have Matthew open his eyes and breathe on his own. They can still write EA out by sending him away for physical therapy. It's all the same drama and you don't give the audience the double screw of Matthew dying at the hands of a Ford.

• Members

Clint could either A. get some other person's heart or B. learn that his heart condition isn't as bad as the doctors once presumed, have Clint continue to use his heart condition to gain forgiveness and acceptance by his family, such as Bo and Joey, and then have a reveal of the truth down the road.

• Members

That would all be pretty lame I think. To be at death's door and meanwhile Matthew is dying in the next bed, and then lo and behold Matthew wakes up and the doctors rush in and tell Clint they read the wrong x-ray. I think people would laugh and it would be a ridiculous cop-out way to end the show.

• Members

Buchanan interlopers are trash like Rex and David. There was always a good chance that he was Bo's son. I was very happy they didn't keep him as Sam's son, one of the worst characters on OLTL. Seeing some old clips of Kale Browne's eye-bugging and hissing and lisping just reinforce that for me.

People would rather see that than BJ's Heart 22: Pissy Boogaloo.

• Members

I don't think a child of 3 or 4 is an interloper.

To me you are only an interloper if you have no business being in the family and you add zero to the dynamics. That's why I would not call Cord an interloper, while Rex and David (who drag down every scene they're in, IMO), are.

• Members

I think I might have felt differently had he been recast years ago bc EA was such an awful actor (one of the worst child actors on this show) early on for years and it was obvious the only reason he was kept around was bc he was Kristen's little brother. I just had bad impressions of the character of Matthew that Ive never been able to shake off. I hated when they made him a Buchanan and wish they had shipped the kid off to boarding school.

Archived