GH- Elizabeth RECAST!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry to hear about Becky Herbst's illness. That's very serious and I hope she has a full recovery.

GH of all the soaps is the one that still seems most willing to temp recast. In the past I might have been more bothered by it but these days, the soaps are so terrible, a new actor in a familiar role is one of the only ways to get some entertainment.

• Members

I think we have been seeing more temp recasts recently because soaps can not go back and reschedule stuff as easily as they used to. Y&R, Days (tho they were able to re shoot it so she never aired), and GH have all had temp recasts in the past year now. I think we will be seeing it more and more.

• Members

That's probably true although most of the soaps won't be on for another year or two anyway, perhaps three. Still, it's a way to break up some of the tedium. And if Steve Burton had to take time off, we'd probably have Guza himself play Jason. You know he'd want to.

• Members

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2011/05/herbst-has-a-special-message-f.html

GENERAL HOSPITAL star Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth) is recovering from viral meningitis, but she got in touch with Soaps In Depth over the weekend with a special message for her fans!

"Thank you so much for all of the well wishes and prayers," says the actress. "The last week or so has been an eye-opening experience, to say the least. I am so grateful for my overall good health. My heart goes out to those living with chronic pain. I do, however, have to admit being disappointed with my alter ego's failure to correctly diagnose my illness... back to nursing school for Nurse Webber!"

Archived