OLTL: Erika Slezak dishes on some of the men in Viki's life

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess it tells us something that they didn't mention poor Brian Kerwin, but did mention Larry Pine (who never really had a relationship with Viki on the show - it was all flashbacks with other actors) and long ago Bernard Grant.

• Members

That was fun, thanks for sharing!

It's amazing where the mind goes in a split second. :lol: When Walter Slezak said that Erika should marry Lee Patterson and she said, "I don't think he's interested", I really thought she was going to address that rumor.

I agree that it's weird they didn't ask her about her Chahlih.

• Members

Maybe it's the "elitist" in me, but I loved Viki and Sloan the most. Both had the same upper-crust old money background, and shared the same interests in literature and art, and had the same sensibilities.

I always thought Clint was beneath Viki. Kind of an overbearing, uneducated "new-money" blowhard.

• Members

It was like Viki married her father. That pairing was just so yucky on too many levels

Clint was the best. IMO, her soulmate.

Funny that I thought Ben was beneath her. He was such a stepdown. Best thing Niki did was try and kill him and thanks to Antonio's bad aim, that helped do the trick

• Members

Sloan never molested her, lol, so I wouldn't say he it was like her married her father.

As for Clint being her soulmate, they had absolutely zero in common.

I'll go with Erika Slezak on this one, who could barely stand to kiss the guy :lol:

• Members

I really enjoyed Viki and the General. I liked Charlie too before he became a joke. As a kid I didn't really watch Viki and Clint in their heyday. Honestly, I barely rememer Viki, it was Tina I recall the most. I also wasn't watching much when Ben was on.

• Members

I came in just as Viki and Sloan really got going, and I always liked them; I knew Roy Thinnes from other things and I thought they were so classy and elegant together. But I also liked Viki and Clint. I couldn't stand Ben, and I loved Charlie.

• Members

I thought i was the only one who thought Lee was a "Confirmed Batchelor" like Rock Hudson. LOL I'm still not convinced he wasn't but that's ancient history now. he was a good Joe and he had chemestry with Erika that lasted many years. When i think of Viki in the 1970's, photo's of her and Joe flash through my mind.

I also thought it was weird they didn't ask about "Chuckles" Banks. I really like Brian Kerwin, I used to watch him on some other show with Tuc Watkins many years ago and of course the movie Torch Song Trilligy and when he was on Roseanne as Jackie's boyfriend Gary. I was happy when he came on OLTL to be Viki's new beu. He was actually one of my favorite men of Viki's life because of the whole Paris Texas storyline but after what he did with Echo, i am glad he will be gone. he always played Charlie very aloof, I'm glad Viki brought that up when she was telling him goodbye. She told him right out that he was acting like he took a backseat to his own life's journey. but i did like the begining with Paris Texas. Sort of like the story with Ben, it had a great begining with her going into the crossroads bar and seeing him but then when their "real life" came into it, next thing you know either Ben was kidnapped or Viki was. They didn't spend nearly enough time together. Then of course Niki came out and then Antonio had that trigger finger. I still say in the real World Antonio would have breen gone long before that. he always had a temper getting him in trouble but Bo always took him back.

I really liked Sloan because he and Viki came from the same type background. They were both very proper, discplined and were in a weird situation of being in an illicit relationship because she was married. I think it could have lasted quite a long time but the producers wanted to explore the alters (which was a wonderful storyline) and thought the only way to do it was to kill off Sloan so Viki could be a single woman who didn't have someone looking over her all the time. Actually Viki adressed the whole Sloan/Victor thing at Sloan's 1 year memorial. She said that she fell for Sloan because he was what Victor Lord could have been if things hadn't gone terribly wrong. it was a little twisted but you'd be suprised how many women marry men who share the good qualities they saw in their fathers. growing up you think he hung the moon and then you go out looking for a guy who has all those good qualities. and sometimes you find him.

Of course when Victor was alive, Viki found Joe Riley who was the complete antithesis of Victor Lord. He was irish catholic from the wrong side of the tracks who'd tell jokes, drink and have a good time. But she was younger then. Actually he reminds me of a little of Ben, just without the mob violence.

• Members

Joe Riley was my all time favorite of Viki's, "men". Never really cared for Clint until JvD started playing him, so I'm interested to see where they go with Viki and Clint now that Charlie is out of the picture. I really enjoyed Viki/Sloan. Adored Viki/Ben and Viki/Charlie (until they totally ruined him).

• Members

I thought Joe and Clint were her best pairings. Clint was definitely rough around the edges, but he was an intelligent guy. They worked precisely because of their divergent backgrounds. Ritchie may not have been Slezak's favorite person to work with, but they shared great chemistry. I thought Sloan was her worst. I found them deadly dull as a couple, and there never seemed to be a reason for them to be together other than Erika needing a new leading man. There was never any conflict, thus story potential, there. Roy Thinnes is a good actor, but I found the character a major snooze.

• Members

Viki and Clint were the best, IMO. I can't speak about Joe Riley, as I've never seen clips, but I have seen clips when Patterson returned as Joe's lookalike and Slezak seemed to play off him well, so I figure the chemistry was really good for Viki and Joe. Viki and Sloan were neither great nor bad to me, they were just there. Viki and Ben had a lot of chemistry. Charlie was the only one that really seemed beneath Viki and he's the only one that didn't click that well.

Archived