Y&R Death of Lynne Topping

• Members

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jsonline/obituary.aspx?n=Farrell-Topping&pid=150419383

Topping Farrell, Lynne Lynne Topping Farrell died peacefully surrounded by loved ones on April 17, 2011. She is survived by her loving husband James Francis Farrell; devoted daughters, Erin Honor Jorgensen and Ramona Megan Decristofaro; three granddaughters, Molly Honor, Jaime Lynne and Edea Lynne; her brother, Tony Topping; sister-in-law, Sharon Topping; and nieces, Debbie, Lynne and Holly. She is preceded in death by her mother and father, Edea and Malachi Topping and brothers, Jim, John and Malachi Jr. An extremely talented and successful actor and writer, Lynne appeared in many television programs in the 1970's and 1980's, including five years as Chris Brooks on The Young and The Restless. A former Miss Florida, Lynne was propelled to Hollywood after winning the national Irene Ryan Award for acting and signing a contract with Universal Studios. In recent years she has poured her talent and passion into her first creative love: The theatre. She met her husband James in a Florida production of The Taming of The Shrew in 1993 and they have been happily together for over 17 years. She is the author of the play Hot Flashes (which was produced in the 2007 New York International Fringe Festival), Twilight, or Listening to The Whispers (Kleinau Theatre in Southern Illinois), Majoring in Show Business with A Minor in Theatre (published in the Journal of Dramatic Theory and Criticism), and a recent full length play, Leonard and Virginia. A lifelong spiritual seeker and devoted friend, Lynne is grateful for the outpouring of love from friends across the country. Her dignity and strength will remain an inspiration to all of her friends and family. Always kind, honest and even tempered, Lynne was a positive influence on everyone she knew and worked with - A profound beauty, both inside and out, with an intellect to match - Lynne was a devoted wife, loving mother and valuable companion. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that a contribution be made to the Wisconsin Humane Society. A Memorial Gathering will be held at a later date.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's sad to hear.

I have seen very little of her work but I still feel like I "knew" her, mostly through the Soap Opera Digest material she featured in - she updated regularly on her twin daughters, and she also got a feature when she dyed her hair for the show.

While Y&R didn't work out in the long run, she clearly had a very loving family and many people will remember her.

• Members

Wow, she was striking. Kind of a Carolyn Jones thing going on. She looks equally beautiful blonde and brunette. I'm sure she got this all her life and I mean no offense but she is totally the reason why I just ordered pizza. May she rest in peace and my condolences to her family should they find this thread online.

McCook looks like Conboy in that pic and I love that pic of Brenda, there is a soft, natural sexiness about her.

• Members

You're right she did look like Carolyn Jones.

One of the magazines I had from a few years before this was an interview with Ellen Weston talking about how happy she'd found her great love, Conboy. I ended up skipping over that...

Lynne Topping was on Y&R at such a transitional time. I wonder how she would have been in a different role.

She was one of Jack's first love interests, I think.

• Members

I'm sure I'm the only person in the world who remembers this, but she was on AMC very briefly in 1988. She played a doctor named Tina somethingoranother who was involved in the storyline where Cindy sought out altenate therapies for AIDS. It's not in her imdb bio, though strangely enough, neither is her Y&R role.

• Members

It's sad to hear her passing. She couldn't have been that old. Although I really hated her as Chris Brooks, she was very striking and beautiful. She was the one playing Chris when Rose Deville held her hostage in her basement, with the intention of selling her into white slavery in South America. Ah, the 70's... white slavery was really a big trend for a while around that time, even the pilot of BJ and the Bear centered around it. She was a competent enough actress, I think maybe I found her too beautiful for the role.... since Chris was always portrayed as the girl next door type.

• Members

IMDB is a mess now. I can't believe a 3-4 year run on a TV show is not in there. I always see so many roles not included for actors but that's crazy.

Was the white slavery involved with the cult story?

What did you think of her with Snapper?

Archived