Y&R Death of Lynne Topping

• Members

Yeah Lynn was pregnant with twins and they wrote it into the show (not the twins part). I have pics of her as Chris at Stuart and Liz's wedding looking very pregnant. As well as pics of Bond Gideon as Jill and Pamela as Peggy (she had just returned to the show) If I can ever get a scanner, I will upload. Chris had the baby girl Jennifer Elizabeth Foster in April 1980, she went into labour at the wedding.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Patricia Everly (daughter of one of the Everly Brothers (super successful duo of the 60's,for those too young to know) was Peggy during 79 -don't know for how long,but definitely around when Jill and Stuart were married.she was particularly upset about the whole thing. She just faded away and when the show went to 1 hr Peggy was back,played again by Pam Peters. Peggy was involved with Steve and Jack and was front burner but at the conclusion of the cult storyline I think she again vanished. maybe others will remember if she got a send off.

• Members

Oh right, I had read that Peggy was back on the show in Nov 1979, I thought it was a mistake as Pamela didn't return until the wedding in April 1980 and they made a big deal out of how much she had changed and grown into a woman, like she hadn't been in town for years.

I assume Patricia was in the role a very short time, maybe a month. Just a guess.

ETA: I forgot to thank you Paul Raven for the info, much appreciated.

• Members

I have almost all issues of SOD from 1980 - 1987 and I am getting 1988 - 1996 soon. I think I am missing 20 issues over that period. There is a ton of stuff on Lynn, including pics of her and her then husband with their twins. I wish I could get it all online somehow.

I will find a way. In the meantime if you guys need any 80's trivia for any of the soaps let me know and I will see if I can find it in one of the mags. Although it seems DeeeDee and Paul Raven and yourself have quite a bit of info.

• Members

We always have questions - if you ever want to share more Doctors recaps than what has already been posted in that thread, many enjoy those. Or RH or Loving recaps.

Also if there are any articles on the 1981 writer's strike, stories that were killed, interviews with writers or producers on that strike, etc.

• Members

Just a few information about the Brooks sisters:

Leslie Brooks

Janice Lynde (March 1973 - January 1977)

Victoria Mallory (January 1977 - December 1982, April 1984)

Chris Brooks

Trish Stewart (March 1973 - March 1978, April 1984)

Lynne Topping (September 1978 - September 1982)

Peggy Brooks

Pamela Peters Solow (March 1973 - April 1977, September 1977, April 1980 - September 1981, April 1984)

Patricia Everly (December 1978 - February 1979)

Lorie Brooks

Jaime Lyn Bauer (December 1973 - August 1982, April 1984, August 2002)

• Members

Thanks. I thought Jaime was back for longer than that in 2002.

It looks like even Pam Peters wasn't back for all that long as Peggy. I wonder if they realized the character had no place.

I also wonder if they asked Janice Lynde back in 1984 or knew that wasn't going to happen.

4 years exactly for Lynne Topping. Wow.

• Members

I read an interview with Pam Peters where she states that she left Y&R in April 1977, though her character was still in town. Then returned for Jennifer Brooks death in September upon which time her character was written out.

I assume then that Pam was contracted with the show between April and September 1977 and just had nothing to do.

I also want to add, watching Lynn Topping on the show (the brief clips I have seen) she comes across as a very gentle and happy soul. I think it would be nice to be remembered that way. I also wonder if anyone connected with the show at that time has made a statement at all.

• Members

I think Pam went on recurring in 77 when her contract expired in April.

As for Jack and Chris,I don't remember anything more than a flirtation,as Jack at that time expected every woman to fall at his feet and Chris was charmed in spite of herself,

Archived