Y&R Death of Lynne Topping

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chris and Snapper were still living in a tiny apartment and I think Chris used her Dad's money to buy better furniture. Snapper was all macho about being the provider in the family .

When Trish Stewart departed in 78,Chris was written out as she claimed to need time for herself after the Ron/Nancy/Karen Becker ordeal. soon after Casey Reed was introduced and the Snapper/casey attraction was explored. Then a few months later,Chris returned(now Topping) and Chris and Snapper had a rocky few months verging on divorce as Chris was jealous of Casey.

They reconciled and there was brief story about an elderly homeless woman that brought them closer.

Summer of 79 saw the teen runaway/Rose De Ville story and then the Chris pregnancy story in the fall.I think Lynne Topping went on maternity leave and Chris again departed to 'find herself' by New Years 79 Chris then had the baby and their next story was their involvement with April,their unwed teen mom neighbour.

During the change to 1 hr Chris and Snapper didn't feature much at all thru most of 80.

• Members

I wonder what Janet Wood was like.

It's weird because the people I know who watched Y&R then and are more casual viewers than many at SON remember Snapper/Casey, but little about Snapper/Chris. I wonder if that relationship had more impact with Espy and Stewart.

• Members

I started watching on and off around 78-79, so when I think of Chris and Snapper, I immediately think of Topping & Hasselhoff. Same thing with Leslie. My mind goes to Mallory rather than Lynde. The only thing of Trish Stewart I remember is when she returned for Victor and Nikki's grand wedding a few years later. She'd gained a ton of weight, if I remember correctly.

• Members

Hi guys, first post. While I wasn't around in the 70's (being 30) I have seen Lynn in Soap Digest mags I have and clips and it is sad when someone who was in people's homes on tv for 4 years passes, you do feel a connection to those actors in some strange way. My condolences to the family.

I also wanted to correct Lynn's duration on the show. She started in September 1978. I am not sure when she left, I will have to check SOD mag, I think it was September 1982 or around that time. She started 6 months after Trish Stewart left. Chris Foster left town after the Karen/Nancy/Ron ordeal in March 1978 and came back to town with Lynn in the role later that year.

Archived