Where will the stars of AMC and OLTL go?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC

Rebecca Budig: Probably GH, but her contract will have "outs" to pursue occasional prime-time stuff.

Daniel Cosgrove: He'll land either at DAYS or one of the Bell soaps, sending another soap to the graveyard in the process (J/K). One more, though, and then he's "done" w/ acting.

Bobbie Eakes: Will likely return to B&B, either as Macy or as a lookalike.

Trent Garrett: Primetime guest spots and commercials.

Stephanie Gatschet: Same as TG.

Ricky Paull Goldin: Same as TG and SG (although, I wouldn't be surprised to see him land a supporting role in some drama series down the line).

Sarah Glendening: Primetime.

Vincent Irizarry: Out of the acting business (unless/until B&B or DAYS comes a-callin').

Natalie Hall: Have no idea.

Michael E. Knight: Regional theater & off-Broadway w/ the occasional guest spot on TV.

Lindsay Hartley: Primetime w/ roles in Canadian made-for-TV flicks added to her resume.

JR Martinez: Motivational speaker, w/ frequent appearances on talk and self-help reality shows.

Jill Larson: "Character actress" in movies and primetime shows.

Cameron Mathison: Hosting either "Good Morning America" or a new talk show w/ Kelly Ripa. Either way, he'll be shirtless most of the time.

Christina Bennett Lind: Probably back to theatre and NYC.

Michael Nouri: Whatever he was doing before AMC.

Susan Lucci: Multi-faceted businesswoman and "pitch person" who, if she ever acts again, will appear mostly in comedic roles that are variations of Erica Kane.

Cornelius Smith, Jr: Primetime - and I definitely see him ending up on cable, too.

Jamie Luner: Back to primetime and stuff in Vancouver.

Jordi Vilasuso: Primetime.

Alicia Minshew: Transitioning into other, non-acting interests. (Not a 'diss' on her talents, btw, I just see her being more devoted to family and home.)

Debbi Morgan: What she was doing before returning to AMC (primetime, occasional film roles, etc.)

Chrishell Stause: Primetime.

Walt Willey: Running that theater company he started in his hometown.

Darnell Williams: Back to theatre in NYC.

Denise Vasi: Modeling for "Especially Yours" catalog.

Jacob Young: Would NOT be shocked if he ended up in films. (I mean, stranger things have happened.)

• Members

I'd love to see Bradley convince Erika Slezak to join B&B, eventually as a "successor" matriarchal-type to Stephanie. Not as a recast due to the large age difference (Steffers2 would only be 6 years older than her "son" Ridge :lol:). ES has played so many different types of characters, she's not as indelibly branded with only one the way Lucci is. Lucci will always be Erica, Erica Kane or Susan Lucci. ES is Viki but she's also Niki, Tori, Jean, Tommy, Princess, Victor and even the real Todd. A new matriarch could revitalize Eric and Jacqueline who have very little to do. Her good friend Susan Flannery could finally feel free to retire as she's been wanting to for the past few years. ES said she'd be willing to move to LA when AMC moved and it was thought OLTL might too.

• Members

If Easton goes to another soap, I'm sure it would be GH. All depends what he wants to do with his life and career

after OLTL tapes it's final episode before Thanksgiving. He is a new daddy by the way. He and his wife welcomed a

baby girl on April 15th - Lilah Bell Easton - 7 lb. 9 oz. Congratulations to Michael and wife, Ginevra!

• Members

I don't think so. Bell was done with Macy when she was killed off for the second time. There was also bad blood between Eakes and Bell during the B&B cast photo shoot in 2003 because Bobbie had already signed a contract with AMC and Bell still forced her to appear in the cast photo or something like that. Besides, most of the characters Macy interacted with are long gone (Sally, CJ, Kimberly, Adam, Darla, Deacon), and Thorne and Clarke are barely on. Compared to Brooke and Taylor, Macy was never that important for the show's storylines so I don't see her coming back.

• Members

I don't see any of these people ending up anywhere. Most of the soap casts are already bloated. I suppose Y&R could pick up a couple but I don't really see the point.

And if the rumors are true about GH, they are going to be gone soon, are having to slash their budget yet again, so why would they be picking up an expensive soap star. Rehiring Becky Herbst makes more sense now than it did before. I never believed fan reaction had a thing to do with it. It never has in the past. Other than to make ABC appear as a good guy for a change. The new cancellations were coming and it was a way to perhaps balance out some of the negative PR they anticipated. I actually expect GH to fire a higher profile actor soon, perhaps MB will leave when VM goes and will make periodic appearences until the show ends in a recurring capacity.

Frons may find a place for Buddig but it won't be on a soap. Maybe on The Chew, The Pew, The whatever, but it will be somewhere else.

While I don't care for Ryan, CM will likely end up on a talk show, reporting for GMA which he already does. He's a likable personality.

Susan Lucci won't stay in soaps. She has enough other activities and professional interests outside of her soap career to focus on. I would

love to see her on OWN in a show. Oprah needs to start turning that network around, soaps are dead, so why not hire the highest profile soap

star out there to headline some sort of makeover show or such. But word is Lucci's got a contract with ABC not AMC so who knows.

Debbi Morgan can likely go back to having a semi successful career outside of soaps. She was working pretty regularly before I believe.

The rest will disappear into other careers and/or maybe go back to New York City and do theatre.

• Members

They all disappear doing the occasional commercial, guest spot, and theatre role excluding:

Susan Lucci - Continues to make tons of money doing whatever she wants

Cameron Matheson - Hosting gigs, maybe his own show eventually

Jacob Young - B&B

JaneAusten, we had the same idea and posted at the same time. :)

• Members

The only thing I know for damn sure is that Easton will be going to GH so fangurls can get their Caleb and Livvie fix. Frons is creaming his pants just thinking about the fanbase war he'll get out of it and since Jason never has to fight for a woman he'll be placed with one of the women from AMC. Poor Becky, she will never be used once the air hogs from AMC crossover. She might a well ask to be let out of her contract now.

Archived