Where will the stars of AMC and OLTL go?

• Members

Yeah, I figured with her back they'd obviously capitalize on the Sonny/Brenda thing, I just wasn't sure.

I imagine alot of them will do theatre. Michael E. Knight for instance. I suspect he'll move back to NYC and perhaps do theatre. He's someone I've been waiting to hear reaction from.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not trying to be rude, but honestly, I can't think of a single actor on either show who is hot enough of a commidity. Susan Lucci is of course Susan Lucci. And yes, I could see B&B courting JY. But I seriously do not feel that the remaining soaps are salivating over ANYone. Maybe one or two mercy hirings cuz that's just what soaps do, but for the most part I think they'll all just dip back into the big soapy casting pool.

• Members

You know, I just realized...there's such an absence of f!ck-giving on my part as far as the last four are concerned that I don't even know or care who will end up where. I'm gonna try to get back into B&B and DAYS one day, but I don't even watch them enough right now to know who could fit in where. I just hope Mimi Lockhart stays far away from Salem.

• Members

I have to say that 75-80% won't be seen on screen again or will only be seen until the next soap they land on gets canceled. Some haven't even worked outside of soap operas and there isn't a market for soap actors with limited to no credits outside a soap opera. The longer tenured actors can afford to retire, if they have managed their money right.

• Members

Yeah.... just think back to the desperate "Real Greenlee" campaign. If that doesn't tell you how valuable Frons feels Rebecca is to ABC Daytime, I don't know what will. Probably when GH goes Rebecca will join one of the replacement shows or he'll get her on The View. Wouldn't be surprised. Frons will make sure her career does not wither and die. As for the 50 or so other soap actors put out of work by the decision Thurs, they probably won't even get as much as a thank-you card.

• Members

I don't see Lucci doing any other soap. She goes back to NY and does whatever the hell she wants :) AM's hubby's loaded so they go back to NY also and she either does theatre or whatever. Mathison gets hosting gigs and the occasional TV movie and such. He's pretty good at the hosting thing so I see him continuing to be on TV in some form. Any of the older folks can afford to do either retire or wait between gigs as long as they managed their money right. Since there are not enough soaps around to absorb any real number of people, there is a large group of folks who probably will fade into oblivion.

Archived