AMC: Actor Leaving

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The site that's running the article concludes with...

"We believe in correcting misinformation and acknowledging when we were incorrect. Thank you to Debbie Morris for setting the record straight."

But they don't believe in asking obvious questions, like "So was this hoax so elaborate, that the alleged fake account was setup 7 months ago? And why, Debbie, did no one notice it sooner? And why the heck are you, the AMC Fan Club Prez, telling us about it, anyway? You're not ABC!" :lol:

• Members

It's not uncommon for people to make fake accounts for celebrities. Not sane, but not uncommon either. That's why they have the "Verified" system, but for whatever reason, they only "verify" really big names. Not soap stars.

Anyway, TG should have just pleaded for LB to write him out. This hacker's done more for his reputation than he has in the last year.

• Members

That was my next question. Has he even been on 7 months? I know he was a model before that, but that would be like somebody starting a fake Twitter for Eric Dearborn months before he debuted as "dog boy". And I can't imagine that not even one person from AMC, cast or crew, has taken a look at that thread and would have spoken to him about those comments leading him to speak out opposed to a fan club president. Did she contact him and get the no Twitter word or is she just stating facts as she knows them to be?

• Members

In that case, why pick some random, fresh-off-the-boat (not a racial slur!) newbie? I mean, Trent Garrett? That makes about as much sense as...well...as Brandon Buddy.

I'm saying, if you're gonna create a fake Twitter account for a soap star, pick someone big like Susan Lucci, Michael E. Knight or even Cameron Mathison. I would.

• Members

People do it all the time, esp where soap actors are concerned. I remember the day that it was announced Kate Mansi had been cast on days there were a few new twitter accounts, all were obviously fake as the days cast tweets a lot and they tweeted with the real Kate. The same thing happened with the guy who plays Dario.

• Members

Not only is that lame, pressed, and creepy, aren't people scared as hell that the law could come and bite their ass for impersonating people?? I have a friend from high school and his jilted ex started a fake MySpace page for him friend requesting people who she knew he knew. Meanwhile this page had him speaking rather unflatteringly in his profile section and there were nude pics posted obviously from a cell phone during "sexy time" shall we say. I would be scared shitless to ever do somebody like that, every time somebody knocked on my door I'd be like, "They done found me out! :nbe: "

Archived