OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

David Vickers should have never been a comic relief character/joke character in the first place, Tuc Watkins gift with humor be damned. He was such a sexy, sly character when he started on OLTL back in the '90s. It's sort of mind-boggling that he's being compared to Ivan, but that's exactly what the character was lowered to. Sad.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I recall reading in an SOD article from about a decade ago, Tuc Watkins said that he was delivering some serious monologue when, without watching where he was going, walked directly into a table. He said something along the lines of that's where the character clicked for him, and that David was a character "who thinks he's dark and mysterious but is really a buffoon".

• Members

OLTL was known for doing that. Look at Todd Manning. When he was on the show in the 1990's he was a very dark serious character. remember he even threw tea out in the snow one night. but one time when Roger left (one of many), they brought him back (i want to say 2002) as someone a little more dumb and comical. By then people just rolled their eyes and said there was no hope for him but they weren't afraid of him at all. Then of course he left for good and Trevor came on and changed then character back to someone a little more serious.

Now he's playing the same type of character on GH. Someone who used to be scary but now just comic releif where people just roll their eyes and don't know what to make of him.

• Members

Yes:

What's worse is that Tea actually DARES him to rape her right before it, too. I will say, though, that Roger and Flo are GREAT in this scene.

And then there's the scene where he threw Tea out of his penthouse while she was naked during a snow storm. And threw a boot at her head. Not the healthiest of relationships, believe it or not. Some great acting, though:

• Members

If Lee Patterson had stayed on the show instead of leaving in 1979, do you think Viki would have still turned into the star of the show? Back in the 70's, Viki was very different than she was later. She and Joe lived in that little cottage, he went to work while she stayed home with Kevin, very "normal" life. I know in one scene, she even talked about going to the grocery store and how she was a "whiz" at food shopping. If Joe had lived, I wonder if they would have just fadded into the background. Or maybe a producer would have broke them up like they did with her and Clint. I think Erika might have put up more of a fight if it was her and Lee Patterson breaking up after all those years of marriage.

When Joe died and they brought Clint on, they changed Viki. Even though she just had Joey, she went back to the Banner to work, then after she married Clint, she moved back into Llanfair and lived a very different life as the mistress of Llanfair. Then from 1985, she and Clint started having one big storyline after another. Niki Smith, time travel, trip to heaven, stroke, blindness....

Edited by BKuzak