OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think they would have developed as separate and distinct types of heroines, as they were doing already.

They tried to continue that with Bree's Jessica up to a point, but ultimately it came down to her only stories being DID and [!@#$%^&*]. Which left Natalie as the only really stable core heroine (other than Starr, ugh).

• Members

Even though I liked bree's Jess. I kinda wish they would have rested Jess for a year after Erin left. Thoughts?

Also anyone know why Brandon Routh was replaced with Steve Richard Harris/Steve Glasser

Was it just that Brandon was a prick on set

sorry dont wanna step on your toes

• Members

You didn't step on anything, I just wish you'd not always restate everything.

I think they were right to recast when Erin chose to leave, though she wouldn't have done so had Gary Tomlin handled her better BTS. The mistake was the stories they gave Jessica in Michael Malone's (and Brian Frons's) rush to make her a more mature young adult female lead. In Malone's mind that meant pairing with her first love's much older brother in an OOC storyline that was on everyday. In Brian Frons's (and Malone's as well, IMO) that meant making her a lily-white damsel in distress who had an IQ of room temperature.

IIRC at least part of the reason they fired Routh was because Gary had planned for the gay story with Seth and Rex.

I do agree Erin and Melissa were wonderful together, especially near the end as their relationship mellowed. Erin was even and more mature, Melissa was the fire and they complemented each other without it being caricatures or one person being good vs. bad.

Edited by Vee

• Members

i always foret Rex was gonna be at least BI and going after Rex but I read that Brandon Routh didnt wanna do a gay story

How did Tomlin mess up Torpey staying on as Jess

In the oral history of OLTL by Jeff Giles, Torpey says she ws gonna exit in 99 when she turned 18 but resigned but knew she would depart in 2002