OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You heard right LOL. I beleive when Bo first came to town, he was suposed to be the love interest of Viki but Erika went on her (first) maturnity leave and they paired him with Pat Ashley. Viki had gone away with newborn Joey and Kevin. (It was Erika's second maturnity leave that they recasted the role.)

I don't think Asa and Clint shared women. Asa was very fond of both Viki and Nora but he hated Lindsey. Asa and Dorian had a deep affection for a breif time in the mid-80's. They had business dealings and i think went on a couple of dates but nothing really came of it. then she went off in 1987 and came back in 1990 declaring war on all Buchanan's.

• Members

Amy, I can totally imagine Bo and Viki together, but I too am shocked that the two of them never had any romantic relationship.

Had Alex and Bo started a long-term relationship (years after Alex returned from the nuthouse), I honestly think that Bo could have turned Alex into somebody good. AW's Rachel and Felicia were evil at first, but love saved them.

Edited by Max

• Members

LOL I don't think Viki has one night stands. But i don't know if you remember the Niki storyline of 2002 (still trying to forget) but she went after Bo to make Ben jealous and they had all these scenes where they were almost flirting with each other. They even had a few "daydreams" of them together. I beleive they even shared a kiss in one of the dreams. But in all those years, that's as close as it got. Except for a breif time when she dumped clint for Sloan, Bo always thought of her as family and a very good friend. And she felt the same for him.

Now Viki and Asa are different. Erika even said she told Phil that she wishes Viki and Asa had a little fling but of course it never happend. It reminded me a little of Monica Quartermaine and Edward. They went toe to toe several times but they always respected each other. He did not like her when she dumped Clint for Sloan but they went toe to toe many times over the three decades they knew each other. and they also had many good scenes togeher where he could call her his favorite daughter in-law...even long after she and Clint split.

• Members

True but very quickly they came to an understanding. In fact, when Viki went into labor with Joey in 1980, Clint was over to talk and ended up bringing her to the hospital. Their romance didn';t start till much later.

My favorite Thanksgiving was 2008. They just opened Carlotta's diner and Charlie had it rebuilt to look like the boujour in Texas. Everyone was going through their problems they they all ended up going to the diner for dinner that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1KbhV17KEk

• Members

ES spoke often about wondering why the show never explored Viki and Bo; I think she just loved working with RSW. She would push for it from time to time in the wilderness years for those characters in the early-mid 2000s, and they would give them the little stuff with Niki, etc. I always found it stupid, myself.

Viki and Charlie's Thanksgiving reunion in 2008 was one of their most beautiful moments. Especially these wonderful, heartbreaking and ultimately very cathartic and hopeful scenes in the Lord mausoleum, probably some of Ron Carlivati and his team's best work. After Victor Jr. and Jessica's meltdowns with his re-rape of Marty and Tess's DID mania, Viki falls apart and tells Charlie all the world will ever remember about her is what her father did to her when she was a little girl, when he "ended my life." Charlie disagrees. I loved this couple and I will never forget these scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lLniJXuXTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYO0QlpFoOk

Edited by Vee