• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Did you know Gabrielle Medina is a saint? :lol:

In all seriousness, though, Fiona actually wound up in therapy because of the crying Gabrielle had to do during that first run. Granted, her first marriage was falling apart during this time period, too, but still.

I only wish I knew the context of this clip. It's definitely from 1990. It could be between the time period that Max was presumed dead (and Gabrielle denounced God in church) and when he came back alive, but most likely it's after she cheated on Max with Tony to keep his mouth shut about embezzling money, along with her involvement with Carlo (which ultimately sent her to prison the following year).

• Members

I could swear this is from the time when Max was "dead" and Gabrielle was going to try to win Cord and take over the Buchanan mansion. Either that or when the Intruder burned down. Not sure if that was 1991 though.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm kind of sorry they didn't do more with the Gabrielle and Cord relationship. I like the casual flirtation and maturity. Of course if it had gone anywhere Gabrielle likely would have gone off the rails yet again, but I like this side of her more than some of the histrionics with Matt (although her "I will kill you" eyes when she sees him in the second clip are priceless).

I'm always so impressed at how Karen Witter managed to step into this material, which was often carried along solely by Andrea Evans' vulnerability and heart. By all rights a recast should have just seemed like a dumb, whiny bitch, but she never did.

Gabrielle has a killer line at about 2 minutes in the second clip.

• Members

Not that I can remember.

Tina recasts and Cord chemistry:

Karen Witter - they were OK. Not what he had with Andrea. She had more with Chris Cousins.

Krista Tesreau - again, OK. There just wasn't much of anything there with anyone because Tina was written to be so grating and stupid.

• Members

When I started watching OLTL again, KW was in the role and Cord had just returned (correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly), having been presumed dead and was experiencing memory loss. He assumed he and Tina were still together but she'd moved on with Cain and as delicately as possible for Tina resisted his advances. It was weird watching Tina not want Cord.

• Members

I think Michael Malone had also been aching to do Blair again. He apparently took a firm creative hand in the obviously very iffy recasting, though it did work out in the long run - I think it was his idea to finally get his "Scarlett O'Hara" version of Blair. I have no idea what went down with Mia Korf. Maybe she just quit.

Susan Diol later subbed for Jill Farren Phelps Nancy Lee Grahn during the Sonny/Alexis courtship on GH in, I think, early 2002.

Edited by Vee