OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes i'm quite sure he did because he was a cowboy at heart. Erika actualy liked it to because unlike Viki and NIki, she was able to create Ginny herself. The only thing she didn't like was the carriaeg ride because it was too bumpy LOL

I also kind of liked the soap opera awards they did on the show with Megan. "hears to the shows!"

• Members

I love the theme from the early 80s.

I loved so many, but two that always stand out for me are Eterna and the two Bos. Eterna gets a bad rap, but it is straight up, unashamed, movie serial shenanigans from start to finish. The Two Bos featured the wonderful Lois Kibbee as evil Elizabeth Sanders and a death trap I loved: all the Buchanan men trapped in a room with sliding doors and walls sealing them in as poison gas gets pumped in to kill them.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

November 1971 TV by Day. One of those rare Joanne Dorian sightings. I wonder if this is the last time she was in a soap magazine (by this time Erika Slezak was in the role). I never knew she was involved with Terry Kiser. That part about being happy to be away from NYC's "grime" makes me laugh. Rarely do I see something quite so blatant.

TVbyDay1171006_zpse210184a.jpg

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Sorry but i just can't see Christine Jones as Viki. I saw her in the episode they put up but she's just not cut out to be Viki. Gillian Spencer (from what i read) and Erika slezak (from what i've studied every day for many years) both played Viki as a reserved upper crust woman. grew up in the very glossy proper venere of Lord family. Christine was just too "normal" even drugged. LOL

• Members

Apparently Joanne was fired rather abruptly, and when Erika Slezak was hired in March 1971, it was a great shock to the other actors. I met Joanne a year ago, she is still quite lovely. I can never forgive JFP for destroying whatever hope I had left of a possible Clint/Viki reunion- she forced not only Clint Ritchie off, but Robin Strasser too! Of course, Robin came back after Jill left. Clint & Viki was my favorite OLTL couple, and I quit watching when the idiot writers had Viki turn down Clint's proposal and he married Lindsay (yecch!) on the rebound! That was in 1997. I could never accept the idea of another actor (even a good actor like Jerry verDorn, who I liked on GL) as Clint, and was dismayed that they had his Clint inexplicably become an Asa clone- that completely flew against the entire history of the character! The Clint I remember was a strong yet sensitive man- he actually ran away fro home as a teenager because he didn't want to be like his father! Clint Ritchie let it be known he did not like playing the 'bad guy' in the Billy Douglas/Sloan Carpenter story. Yes, he could be difficult on the set, but he had a deep respect for Erika Slezak, and it showed in their scenes.