OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Karen Witter was so beautiful. She was actually a Playboy Playmate a few years prior to joining OLTL. In the OLTL trivia book, it says that at her audition, every male cast member went out of their way to talk to her, which indicated to the producers of the show that the male portion of the audience, at least, would be able to accept her fine.

Makes me wonder if any of them recognized her from Playboy! :lol: She was VERY popular with the audience of Match Game 90 when she and Fiona Hutchison were on the panel for OLTL week (and Joanne Worley revealed herself to be a fan of the show, too!).

According to the same book, Angela Holliday was originally going to be the one to try to break up Max & Lunatic, er, Luna's marriage, but they brought back Blair instead due to the history those two shared.

• Members

I know James Depavia said (maybe in one of the books or magazines) that he wasn't thrilled when they put Max and Luna together because Max was too domesticated with Luna and his son Al. Maybe he said something to the producers and next think you know Susan reads her script that says "i'm shot?" LOL

• Members

She did. Originally, Michael Malone was torn between just having them divorce and Luna leaving town, and killing her off. Needless to say, he sent her off to be with the Goddess.

Speaking of which, that takes me out of EVERY scene she's ever in. "Oh mah Gawdess!" UGH.

That said, I think Luna was the first character Malone ever created for the show, and given that Susan is from North Carolina, like he is, it makes sense that he would have a special fondness for her (and of course, Luna herself hailed from the same state--although she had been living in Memphis just prior to moving to Llanview).

Interestingly enough, I remember reading once that Luna first aired on September 13th, 1991, which was also Friday the 13th. How fitting. #boom #ohsnap

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes. laugh.png

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Maybe having them divorce would have served the show and couple better. They reconciled quick and then she was dead a few months later. Would IMHO have better effect to have them divorce and she take Al with her

Would have given Al & Max more conflict years later

• Members

I don't think that's possible. Al is Gabriel's son. Luna could take Frankie and Leslie. I know Gabby was in prison but I don't think she gave up total custody of her son?

On the subject, that's another character they ruined. Gabriel Medina. When she came back to town as Asa's wife she was bitch on wheels! then she quickly changed and became Asa's victim. Then they turned her into a good girl and brought her to Bo. Then they killed her! LIke Jen Rapport, she was a sweet girl and then she went crazy and turned into evil bitch and then softend and became semi-good girl again. then they killed her. (see a pattern!) And it was both around the same time too...early 2000's.