AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

I think there's a lot of stuff going on here. There's the returns that Agnes is/will be calling in favors for and then then are the show "alumni" who want to walk down the halls of their alma maters one last time before they tear the school down. Regardless, it's nice to see.

I don't believe he was asked. Not for any nefarious reason but just because people assumed he wouldn't be able to do it due to the conflict. I think/hope/pray it'll be different this time.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's on contract on another show on another network. Im sure its as simple as that and I dont even think the idea of him comnig was even brought up. Again with AMC being cancelled, I think there's a better chance that something could happen

• Members

I am almost positive that when James Michell, with whom he had a close relationship, passed, he mentioned in press how he would like to come back to AMC to honor him. I was just wondering if he pursued that.

• Members

I think I know what you're talking about. I remember Bergman telling a story about how when he won an Emmy even thought the show had run long and everybody else from Y&R had bailed it was James Mitchell who stayed there all night to see him win that award. He wanted to "show up" for James the way Mitchell showed up for him. That story brought tears to my eyes.

Those are the types of stories I wish people were pulling together somewhere. That's the kind of integrity daytime had before the vipers got to it and filled it with agendas and dick-measuring. You could feel that kind of spirit through the screen.

• Members

Zap2it

'All My Children': Daytime Emmy nominee Alicia Minshew on the show's 'last hurrah'

alicia-minshew-amc-320.jpg

Alicia Minshew says "All My Children" is "going out with a bang."

She should know. With the end of the ABC serial's 41-year run slated for September, her portrayal of Kendall Hart Slater has earned her a Daytime Emmy Award nomination as outstanding lead actress in a drama series. CBS will televise the 38th annual ceremony from the Las Vegas Hilton on Sunday, June 19, and Minshew envisions that night being packed with varied emotions.

"I think that first of all, it's going to be fun," Minshew tells Zap2it. "All together, 'All My Children' got 13 nominations, so I think it's going to be a big celebration of going out on a high note. I also think it's going to be crazy-emotional, because it could be one of the last times we're all together as a group representing our show.

"Maybe they'll do some kind of tribute to both the shows," Minshew adds, referring to "AMC" and fellow soap "One Life to Live," which will leave ABC in January. "I would hope that they would. I think it'll be a really fun time, but the emotions will be heavier than usual, because it's almost like the last hurrah in a way."

With Kendall being the daughter of Erica Kane, Minshew has done much work with daytime-drama queen Susan Lucci over the past nine years of "AMC." She says Lucci, who finally won her own Daytime Emmy in 1999 after 19 earlier bids, "has handled [the cancellation] so beautifully. She's trying to make peace with it the way the rest of us are, I think, and trying to be the strong leader. She's a trouper, I can tell you that."

Married to an owner of New York restaurants with whom she has a 18-month-old daughter, Minshew largely has been in Los Angeles for the past year, since "All My Children" relocated production there. She says she hasn't yet determined any moves beyond the end of her "AMC" work, but she'd accept a call from any of CBS' or NBC's ongoing daytime serials.

"I almost haven't thought about it, because I am so focused on finishing up the story here and what my family and I are going to do," she says. "We're living in California, but our roots are on the East Coast. Timing is everything. I would be flattered if anyone asked me [to do another soap], but I'd really have to see where my head is."

• Members

Stories like the one Peter Bergman shared about how James Mitchell was there and didn't leave are some of the things we are going to lose. Stuff like that is depressing as it gets forgotten. Some cast members of these shows understood the team concept and the multi-generational storytelling created relationships of this nature.

• Members

Chandra Wilson said on The View,

"I'm devastated. Devastated! I went on the anonymous websites and I hollered and put exclamation marks. I feel like as someone who has watched daytime television for over 30 years as a daily part of my life, I feel like something is being ripped away. I've never had a Nielsen box at my house so I just feel like nobody knows. There are millions of us. Millions of us. Daytime fans are some of the most loyal fans you will ever find anywhere. I just feel not counted."

http://abc.go.com/watch/the-view/SH559080/VD55127789/the-view-519

• Members

I love when an over 40 actress realizes she's crossed the magic 100 episode marker and that she'll have syndication royalties to feather her nest for the rest of her life and lets loose on the very network that carries her show! Bravo!

Archived