AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's sad but the Broderick news just confirms for me that this show will be canceled. She and Aggie will write the end.

I will watch; it will be good.

I have no love loss for OLTL...it was too Santa Barbaraish for me...Ron can join Y&R. I think he could help MAB and Sheffer.

• Members

This is really sad.

I actually have to agree with what Jamey said actually....

OLTL will be gone first because the 2pm timeslot is A LOT more desirable and The Talk is just behind OLTL by only 100k in the demos.

AMC's timeslot at 1pm has tougher competition, with Y&R, DAYS and B&B.

Well I guess that is it folks...:(

• Members

Exactly. I certainly cannot speak for SL, but I wonder if a part of her sees cancellation as a personal relief, life making a very difficult decision for her. She has bank, she never has to work another day in her life (and I'm assuming it's been that way for years now), no more flying back and forth on AMC's schedule, plenty of time to spend with her daughter's three children, short flights down to PA to do HSN appearances, short fun trips to L.A. for episodic work should she book it. She's done a cabaret act at Feinstein's already, but she could parlay All My Life into an off-Broadway (even a limited tour to small houses) stage production like Stricth, Arthur, and most recently Collins, adding in the cancellation stuff and just maybe a little more juice to keep her audience glued.

• Members

So where will Kreizman and Swajeski wind up next? He'll probably do some reality show crap. As for her, maybe Frons et al will have pity on her and move her over to the GH breakdown or scriptwriting team. Has she ever worked with Guza before? Surely their paths must've crossed at some point. I really had decent hopes for them when they were first named. Well, him more than her. I always thought of her as rather meh, especially from her tenure at AW which I thought at best was derivitive and unimaginative. Thought maybe his fresh ideas and her longevity in daytime would spark something. Well, at least they didn't do any susbtantive damage to the show a la McTavish, and actually built somewhat of a framework for Broderick to start off with. Just hope she has time to prove herself, but more and more, it's looking like the end is near.

• Members

Also I am not surprised DAYS isn't close to being canceled.

NBC has lower standards ratings wise. When you look at their primetime ratings, they are NOT good if they were on ABC, CBS or FOX. NBC has lower standards.

I think ABC is doing a huge restructuring. I hope it's for the better.

• Members

I always thought Days would be the next to go. I think they're renewed through 2013. Someone correct me if I wrong. Whenever that expires, I wouldn't expect another renewal. I think GH will go on a few more years, since they're clearly invested in keepin it around. Sad that in 3 years, only Y&R, B&B, and GH will be around. Very sad but inevitable I suppose.

• Members

Ohhhh myyyyyyy goddddddddddd, it's like they keep turning our heads with stuff they know is gonna get fans of both shows talking. "Look, here's a Lorraine Broderick promoted to HW to play with for you, AMCers. And for you, OLTLers, you can have the Roger Howarth returns. Now stop asking me which one of you I'm going to murder."

Quit lyyyyying, Frank, please.

Archived