• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Come on DeeeDee, baby switches have been going on on soaps for years and most have involved/been perpretrated by white characters and nearly all of these characters have been hated and blasted by the fans. Babe, Krystal, David, Paul Cramer (OLTL), Adam (Y&R) are some of the recent ones that come to mind. Of course its still very early in this story, but I dont see any hate for Jesse and definetly not people coming down on him bc he's black, whereas the others who have down something similar were white

• Members

I don't think that Maya's baby is Frankie's grandchild. . Frankie was desorased when Cornelius took over the role. He was De'Sorased to 25 years old. I believe that when Cornelius took over the role of Frankie it was mentioned that Frankie was like 5 when Jesse died. Jesse was gone for 20 years and when he came back Frankie had been desorased to 25, which I think would have been his "real" age, had he not been sorased with Jason Olive was cast. Cornelius was also 25 when he took over the role of Frankie. So technically Cornelius/his version of Frankie are both the same age.

Cornelius is now 29 and I think that him and Frankie are still the same age. There was an episode when Frankie had a birthday a few years ago and turned 26, and this was right around the time Cornelius turned 26. So it looks like Cornelius/Frankie are aging at the same pace. I don't see the writers making Frankie a 29 year old grandpa. Maya's like what 18, so if her boyfriend is at least 18, that would mean Frankie had a baby at like 11. They could say Maya's baby's father is younger than her, but I'm willing to bet he's her age or older. I really doubt her baby's father is William.

Plus I remember reading somehwere a while ago that Cornelius said as far as he knows Frankie no longer has a son named William and the writers got rid of that part of his life after he was de'Sorased to 25. I don't think that Maya's baby is William's son.

I do think that Sleepy's theory about the father being the son of Angie's brother Teddy is interesting.

• Members

that was back when he first came back. He could be SORASed yet again to suit whatever story needs they want. I think the bigger problem would be making Angie and Jesse great-grandparents. I think that fact ages them too much and seems so jarring considering she just had a baby

• Members

They've been blasted by the fans but those characters remain viable BECAUSE they're White (much the way rape stories have existed for years on soaps but Marshall Travers HAD to go).

The bottom line being that Minority characters don't have the sheer numbers, investment by the writers or the audience in comparison to their White peers to survive that type of treatment.

You don't see any hate BECAUSE it's early in the story.

But like any other "story" that includes minority characters they're built up into something they will NEVER be ("Fradison" being a perfect example) then taken out on the characters & actors instead of the writers when viewer fanfiction doesn't happen.

• Members

But it is still early so I dont think one can say that Jesse will have no viability when it all plays out. Viability of the characters I listed is subjective anyway. Paul Cramer was killed off before he could even face any reprecussions from his actions. Krystal and Babe recieved permanent damages and to this day fans still have not forgiven them. Babe has been dead for years, yet she still recieved hate for what she did 7 years ago. David faded into the background, not doing much until they finally got rid of him. Adam? Despite the show trying to whitewash his sins, fans still hate and have turned against him. I think Jesse is different bc they arent writing him as taking a child from someone else. There's no investment in this new girl and she gave her baby away. I think Jesse would be portayed much differently if he actually stole the child from someone he knew, like these other examples. He's not screwing over his best friend. He isnt maliciously destroying a life. He isnt selfishly trying to cover his ass. As it stands, they arent writing him in a negative light and they very well could have

• Members

IMO,there is not any amount of SORASing that is going to make me buy that Cornelius’s Frankie is the father of an 18 year old or possibly older William. Even if they made William younger than Maya by a few years like 16, I still couldn’t buy Cornelius’s Frankie as the father of a child that old. Even if they SORASed Cornelius's Frankie to his early 30’s, which I think is about the oldest they could SORAS him, without coming off as ridiculous. Them trying to making him older than early 30’s would look ridiculous, IMO. I think that Cornelius looks like a man in his late 20’s like he is. I don't think that he could pass for much older than that.

I would be fine with them bringing William back, but I would rather have it be a younger child like an 8 year old child, someone that Frankie could have had when he was in college. I wouldn't mind that and think a storyline with William returning could be interesting. But I don’t want to see Frankie be a 29 year/early 30’s grandpa.

Also while I could buy Angie and Jesse as grandparents, I think that making them great-grandparents also would be pushing things. Especially since they already look younger than what they are. Though I would like to see them become grandparents, through any or all of their children, (Frankie, Natalia,Cassandra)

• Members

Why not?

AMC's been a disaster the past few years & viewers have been highly unwilling to side with Jesse since his return.

Which is a convenient way to sidestep any discussion of racism & it's existing disparity on Minority characters in Daytime which is the real issue.

Yet all those characters are WHITE so their actions (no matter how bad) are acceptable if they're an audience pet (Saint David), a placeholder for female characters of a certain age (Krystal), paired with a popular love interest (Tad) or considered a Lead "core" character (Adam).

Point being White characters like Tad, David, Adam, JR & Ryan are allowed to do things Minority characters couldn't dream of & still be viable.

For example Greg Evans was a saint compared to Todd Manning but which one is still on OLTL?

Just because he didn't know the parents doesn't make it ok.

She's not an extra which means she's on for the duration & will eventually get her baby back thus the sympathy will be with her NOT J/A.

Yet viewers have already started issuing consequences for the babyswitch (Jesse MUST lose his badge) as if a dead child isn't punishment enough.

And again of course he's going to be sympathetic NOW cause it's still early 6 months down the line?

Not so much.

• Members

I'm surprised that there are people that still think that Madison's baby is Frankie. But there are people that really think that. If that's turns out to be true, (which I don't think it will be) that would be really surprising.And I don't what would be more surprising, K&S actually doing that or them putting Frankie in a frontburner storyline that. But I don't think it will happen. I think if Frankie was really the father of her baby we would have seen more signs of it. Frankie would have been shown more, he would have been shown getting closer to Madison.

They could have easily had Frankie play an amended version of what Scott is playing in this storyline. They wouldn't have needed Scott if they wanted Frankie to be the father. They could have just had Frankie/Madison grow closer, Randi get jealous/suspicious, Frankie/Ryan butt heads, none of the characters suspecting that Frankie is Madison's baby's father (not even really Frankie/Madision), until the baby was born. (All the while dropping clues to the viewers that Frankie/Madison could have slept together) And then everything could have hit the fan after the baby was born.

I think that a Frankie/Madison/Ryan triangle could be interesting because I think she has chemistry with both men. I think that her and Frankie have good chemistry that could have turned into something hot. In their early scenes together, it seemed like something was simmering between those two. And I think that her and Ryan are very natural together, and that Ryan comes off more natural and lighthearted around her. I think that SG has chemistry with a lot of the men on the show, Frankie, Ryan, Scott, even Griffin (who I don't even like).

Archived