• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Since his return? He was beloved when he came back. The major turn didnt happen till they wrote him as the corrupt puppet to Zach, a good year and a half after he came back.

Nope, none of their actions were acceptable. All got called out and ripped apart for stealing babies.

Oh I dont deny that but I dont see this as the story that will destroy Jesse.

No it doesnt, but his intentions arent motivated by the selfishness or malice that others have had.

Angie will definetly get sympathy; she's a victim in all of this as well. Jesse is up for debate, depending on how they proceed with this when that time comes.

I dont see this as any different than when the white characters did the same thing. Jesse isnt being treated any worse than those before him.

• Members

He was beloved by some.

While others were already whining about everything from his clothes to the way he spoke & were calling him a criminal as Chief as soon as he accepted the job (long before he started heavily interacting with Zach or Ryan).

Yet viewers HAPPILY accepted THAT debacle & treated it like THAT was always who Jesse was & had been instead of being angry with the writers for such a blatant character assassination.

So much for being "beloved".

...Yet all of them are still on the show, still liked by the fans & still invested in by the writers.

Because it's still the beginning & because Darnell is doing good work.

But his intentions don't matter.

It's what he does to keep Ellie's death secret that will (especially to fans).

Up for debate?

Really?

And people wonder why AMC is in danger of cancellation.

You can't discuss equality without first addressing the existing disparity.

• Members

I still am concerned like I had mentioned in the spoiler thread what they might end up doing to Jesse in this storyline. And how what lengths they might have his character go to to keep this secret. I think it makes sense to predict this storyline won’t end well for him, and that will end up being a poorly written storyline. I could see it getting to a point to where Jesse appears to be less sympathetic to a lot of viewers including some of the people that feel sympathy for him now.

Especially if he becomes more calculating in the decisions he makes to keep this secret. Right now he’s driven by fear, stress and is doing things more spur of the moment, but I could see him start being more calculating with the decisions he makes to keep this secret, and I could see that really hurting him. I could see him becoming a lot more calculating and going to some great and pretty bad lengths to keep this secret, damaging his character more in the process.

I don’t have to look further than the storylines with Madison keeping the secret of her baby’s paternity and Cara constantly lying to Jake, to know that K&S don’t do secret keeping storylines ( or really any storyline well.) I thought that Madison’s reasons for keeping the secret of her baby’s paternity were reasons that didn’t really make a lot of sense and weren’t even “soapy” or dramatic. (She wanted to keep the baby to herself, and her thinking thought that Ryan was a good man/father, but didn’t want him to be a father to their child, was a head scratcher.

She kept lying to Ryan even after he told her he “understood” why she might be lying to him about the baby’s paternity, and gave her a chance to come clean. But she kept lying to him for reasons that didn’t really make sense.

Cara lied, lied and lied some more to Jake, and kept changing her reasons for leaving him, which I thought was ridiculous. And then there is K&S turning Ricky/Diane into Boris and Natasha, and having them plot, scheme, including in public places, and some people view Kendall as a Dunce in the process.

I could see K&S really messing this storyline with Jesse/Angie up. I could see them doing a lot more damage to Jesse’s character, by having him become really calculating and going to some pretty bad lengths to keep this secret. Plus they could have Angie be duped for a long while, like they are having Kendall be duped, to the point to where people will start to talk about how they are “dumbing” down Angie.

I could definitely see people saying eventually how Angie should know better, even if she will get feelings here and there that something isn’t quite right. I could see the writers keeping her in the dark literally and figuratively for a while in this storyline, even when Jesse starts doing things that she should definitely sense aren’t right.

• Members

I like this new girl.

ixe6n4.gif

Atleast she facially brings it more than Denise Vaseline. I pray she can be more than a face actress, actually bring a presence. We have 2 fails in females already between Randi and Marissa, don't need a third.

And please, pleeeeeeease nothing emotionally serious w/ the Asher character.

• Members
:lol:

I hadn't shed a tear and though I agree with the general consensus that DW is doing a great job, I have watched this dispassionately because I have already gone thru being disappointed that Angie and Jesse would not get to have their baby... but today at the end...

Jesse saying goodbye to Ellie and the voice over made me misty eyed...

Goodbye Ellie...

• Members

You mean Ellie 1.0.

The Jangie s/l I know many are conflicted to like or not like it, I guarantee you Darnell and Debbie love it. The Hubbards have an A s/l and it's so soapy. It's actually a between a rock and a hard place s/l. Nowhere near that sh!t McTavish created for JR/Babe/AJ/Binx/MiMo

Cheap I'm starting to like Colby. NH has brought it acting. :lol: She's playing that spoiled little pathetic rich girl, yet vulnerable and annoying to her family b/c she seeks attention. What sucks for her is that she needs a stronger love interest than Asher. B/c she's too young to keep TG on his toes, and that's just gonna be mediocore acting spreading. I have hopes the bbs father is Dre Woods. They can explain his run away story, he was Colby's BFF before he left town, Colby had a crush on him and then Cassandra played by the awful (YaYa Dacosta) killed Dre's character. She wasn't needed, but this s/l could bring Cass and Dre back on canvas. And his father (Sam Woods) might even give Jesse competition for Angela after she learns what he did.

• Members

I'm not sure I see the racial issue. One of the big reasons Jesse and Angie became a supercouple was because their stories were universal. Their being AA didn't matter. They could've been white...or purple or green for that matter. Race never really played a role. I don't see how this is any different. They're acting out a variation of a story that has been done countless times by white characters on soaps. The fact is that they needed to give Jesse and Angie a buzzworthy, high stakes, soapy story that would cause inevitably cause family conflict, and this is it.

Archived