• Members

I agree. I hate crying over soaps, but Angie really had me. Plus seeing the conflict with Jessie trying to pretend everything is ok for Angie when he is destroyed inside. I thought Brot was good too. I'm sure Jessie will do some bad things to keep this secret, but short of physically hurting the bio-mom, I think he'll keep my sympathy. It's only natural that once a character is in a situation like this they will become more and more desperate and go to further lengths to keep the secret. Jessie is going to watch Angie and the rest of this family bond with the baby, so of course, he's not going to want their world to come down around them.

Plus, it seems natural that Jessie would see this as destiny. A partially AA baby just happens to be at the place that A&J were married, right at the moment their own baby dies? That would just feel like the hand of God, if I believed in that sort of thing.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right! Cuz a grieving together story wouldn't get the same potential ratings gain this will, would be short term and relatively quickly dealt with, and really wouldn't give much drama or story. Thank God they went this route! I look forward to a lot of Angie and Jesse on our screens.

• Members

I like the story more than you I think, but I agree with your points--it's really what the show needs right now.

As for David/Anna Leora they had a couple of AMAZING scenes but it was a story that was used to seperate them and have Anna leave the show--and have David seek even more revenge on the Martins. It really did give us about 4 killer scenes--and that was it. It was very short term (except for the revenge angle).

• Members

I can tell Cara isn't all what a miracle! She went to Jake b/c her gut was telling her, it can't be, to survive those odds, the kid should be dead, or imbalanced. It's coming w/ Jake... I'd say 3-4 wks. from now they'll figure what really happened, Jake being close to Jesse and Angie is one of his bestfriends in town, and she's gone through so much, he'll opt. to keep it a secret and make Cara promise it never gets out, Amanda being left out of this ofcourse, eventually David will put 2 and 2 together.

• Members

It would only be short term if the writers MADE it short term. There is plenty of drama to be had from a marriage under the stress of dealing with a child that died. It's also a realistic story that viewers can relate to played by good actors which is what viewers are ALWAYS whining about.

And any "potential ratings gain" won't be enough to move AMC out of last place so it's all for nothing.

But of course ridiculously absurd, character assassinating stories must be encouraged by fans otherwise how would AMC ever justify it's bottom spot on the ratings?

• Members

Oh geez, that was heartbreaking. Watching Jesse put that baby in Angie's arms was like watching him damn himself to hell and the moment he said "I should've brought flowers," I was beside myself. I like the fact that they shot that scene outside at dawn (or dusk). You could hear the birds chirping and trees rustling. I had originally said that the truth couldn't come out in May but now I think it will. The guilt is going to eat Jesse alive and there's no way he's going to "win" against three doctors. Cara knows that things don't add up and soon Jake and Angie are going to piece things together.

I got a really bad thought about how this secret could come out. What if someone finds the grave a la every Law and Order? Then the whole town will be looking for some child killer or a teenage girl who buried her "dumpster baby" and Maya gets arrested for abandoning and burying her baby.

• Members

AMC has the same problems with minorities as OLTL does. Don't act like just because AMC has a minority Black family on contract that somehow they're better when A/J are constantly character assassinated, Frankie & Randi aren't used, Brot sits on the backburner & Shannon Kane had to leave the show to get work.

As far as Greg he was treated as all minority characters (especially men) & given ONE terribly underwritten, tertiary story with limited airtime which he was expected to turn into gold then when that didn't happen was made into a criminal accomplice of OLTL's latest villain of the week & promptly let go.

And there is nothing "inexplicable" about Todd being on 24/7. Todd had raped & terrorized Llanview repeatedly yet OLTL ALWAYS finds a way to excuse or ignore his actions no matter how deplorable so he can remain on the show.

Chances his minority counterparts would never get (RJ can't even get a date with Tea).

Seeing them doesn't matter if they stories they have to play is garbage & it is.

If ANY couple if AMC's go to couple it's Ryan & Greenlee.

It's amazing how EVERY story no matter how tasteless or offensive is fervently justified (no matter how offensive) by fans like it's somehow gonna be the ONE thing that will suddenly make AMC a ratings powerhouse again as opposed to being yet another ridiculous story that AMC fucks up & does a ton of unnecessary damage to a bunch of characters. AGAIN.

• Members

Yet all that needs to be done to mitigate what Tad's done is a good pairing like the one with Cara.

Again most fans love who Jesse WAS & almost solely due to the fact that he's familiar (given AMC has very few vets left)making their love is conditional at best & hypocritical at worst.

He didn't get in trouble he was suspended by a Mayor that constantly favors David.

But again NO consequence is ever enough for minority characters.

• Members

Which doesn't acknowledge that fans have not & will not sympathize with the character & blame him (and Darnell) for the absurdity of the story no matter how good the acting.

The punishment was the fans turning on Jesse for Pratt's (a writer who basically said had no use or regard for AMC's previous history) bad writing.

• Members

Actually I loved them together & didn't mind Les being a baby peddler.

Because back then they were treated like any other supercouple with the usual cliches & both characters were allowed the same integrity as their White peers as opposed to being set up to fail like they are now.

Name one other supercouple that had one half of the pairing give his wife a baby cause theirs died.

• Members
That would be something... if Ellie's body is discovered and it becomes a criminal investigation... the only problem here is that Jesse would likely shut it down unless somehow the mayor got wind of it and put her "own people" on it or if for some reason another law enforcement agency is brought in on it.

This is another reason why it does not sit well with me what Brot did...

I am hoping that Angie will not be so understanding the say she was with Jesse's previous pack of lies.

Archived