GH: Luke spoiler from TV Guide

• Members

Expect a shattering rollout in the coming weeks on the death of Jake front

Talks about how he's a big drinker and had a few at the time of the accident, but won't admit he needs help

Guza says they are going to call into question the entire legacy of the superhero that is Luke Spencer

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, I don't think tearing down our superheroes is by default a virtue. I want to see James Bond skiing in a tux while shooting bullets out of his lapel, not dying of cancer as was done to Robert Scorpio. Some characters are great for realistic drama, and some characters are great for escapism. One is not superior to the other.

• Members

I agree. I don't mind this storyline with Luke. In fact, I'm liking it. But I'm not going to like it if they use it as an excuse to try and pretend Luke was never a superhero.

This man saved the world from being frozen. Now he's a drunk driving baby killer? Talk about a fall from grace...

• Members

I hate that Jason/Liz's son was killed off, but this is great storytelling. I feel like they dropped the ball with VM's return and couldn't conjure up anything as emotional as this over the past 6-8 months.

• Members

But this isn't Bond - where actors are conveniently replaced when they get too old to carry it off. This is daytime that allows characters to age, and quite frankly heros age badly in most cases. With their heyday behind them what do they have? Stories on a Friday night at the old Superhero Home? Take over the police force and never skirt the edge of the law again to bring down the bad guys?

I'm a little excited for TG/Luke that he might be able to shuck that mantle. Who is Luke without that identity? It could be interesting.

Archived