AMC Monday 3/28/11

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a pretty solid episode. I'm wondering how long it's gonna take for me to like Kendall again. I'm digging her and Griff, but when she stomped into the scene I just wanted to sling those boots at her head. Kendall pairings always begin with sooooo much promise. I loved the beginnings of her and Ryan, her and Aidan, her and Ethan, and even her and Zachass. Hopefully this one turns out better than those did. I could listen to JV's voice alllllll night long.

I love all things Frankie/Randi and Brot/Natalia, so natural, no real, so laid back and cool. Damn you, show. So nice to see Jake drunk off his ass again. And if there's anything these Hubbard scenes are driving home is that they need some Pat or Nancy somewhere in there. There needs to be a higher voice of reason

. I loved the photo album, and thank god they didn't slip screencaps in there (lord, can you imagine "Aw, here's you crying over my dead body!").

Reverend Ricky is such a disheveled mess. I wish we could have gotten some laughs out of those octogenarians fussing over his funky ass.

And there is PRRRRRRAISE in the sanctuary!!!!!!

She could be a touch too old for Randi, but that really doesn't matter. Or she could show up as a new character and yank him from under her...Caramel Kane, anyone?

Another note about this episode: love the contained feeling, how most people stayed in the same place throughout the episode. Really has that old school feeling.

• Members

Nice to see Natalia and her scenes with Brott were sweet but it's hard to care when you know we won't see her again for ages. Great to see Frankie but what the heck was that random sex scewne--just so new viewers (who?) would know they were a couple?

I watched Friday and today back to back and have to say I thought they were solid episodes--I enjoyed it. I even liked Kendall and Griff's stuff for the first time in a while. And Angie was great!

(The whole Bachelor Auction--will we still see Jack/Caleb etc?-strikes me as so odd. I swore it was an excuse for AMC to finally show some male skin, since compared to basically every other soap but especially Days and OLTL they virtually never do--yet they didn't actually hold a real auction... Which I guess proves wrong those who complained in the thread about it that it was a big marketing gimmic).

• Members

I actually agree. I've seen occasional chemistry between them, but this felt like the first time their scenes were organic and not forced. If the show can keep giving them scenes like this, I could get fully behind this pairing.

I'm glad Cara got Ricky riled up about Kendall. I hope she lets Griffin know that the reverend may not be as good as he seems. I also loved Tad & Cara at the end when he admitted to being the jealous husband and she gave him the 45s. It was so sweet!

Jesse/Angie had a lot of foreshadowing for what happens next. I loved Brot telling Natalia how Jesse's like a father to him and he'd do anything for him.

Denise Vasi is still pretty, but wasn't she supposedly taking acting lessons? I wonder what happened. :)

• Members

Yeah, hearing Jake and Krystal go on and on just made them seem out of place to me. I would rather see someone with stronger ties to the family.

Debbi was breaking my heart in those scenes when they were toasting and she couldn't take it.

• Members

It's a more believable writing choice than having her optimistic throughout the pregnancy, but seeing her tell Jesse how she needs him if she's going to get through this, it was such a raw, honest moment. It's tough to see the character this way.

• Members

I can't believe how much I enjoy Cara. This character is such a welcome addition to the show for me. I expected to hate her, but I've totally fallen for this character

I'm still loving Bianca and Marissa. What a difference a recast can make.

Archived