Y&R: Who has been replaced with one of their predecessors?!

• Members

Heather Tom returning would be sublime, but she's too happy at B&B and her storyline is heating up. I think that show is the best fit for her. She can moonlight in primetime and the story truly ebbs and flows for Katie. Even when she's not featuring in a frontburner story, they use her character a lot in a supporting capacity.

I'd say the only choice is Vail Bloom. I would hope and pray that's true, but Eden Reigel is pregnant and I can't see them firing her. Who else could it TRULY be? Shemar Moore isn't coming back so I won't entertain such foolishness. They aren't recasting Jill either (certainly not with Brenda Dickson). Another major option is Alex Donnelly as Diane, but Maura West is a bigger draw. Susan Walters is still occupied in primetime so I can't see her returning.

Perhaps David Tom (the only other viable Billy)? Billy Miller leaving wouldn't be a huge shock, but the article makes it sound like it's a creative decision not the choice of the actor to leave.

Whatever the case I hope this is an exciting change and not something disappointing. If Shari Shattuck returned I would probably cry.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's going to be Kevin Schmidt. I actually think this would be good for the show, because he can act and he was great in the scenes where he tore into his slutty and worthless, delusional parents, whereas his replacement, from the little I've seen, looks like an underwear model who wandered onto the set.

But they don't do a damn thing with Noah because that would mean admitting Nick and Sharon are not 23, so it doesn't matter.

That would be my second guess, especially if the rumors of Nichols being hired because of Barbara Bloom are true.

Now watch it where we find out they have recast a baby or something.

• Members

Strangest scenario yet: Maria Arena Bell spotted Monica Potter wandering through the halls of CBSTC on her way to "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" and made her a sweetheart deal to return to Sharon. ("Yeah, you sucked back then - but hey, 'good' and 'bad' are relative terms now on our show!")

• Members

As would I. MM's Adam is so damn smug, that he comes off as just another spoiled entitled brat. Chris Engen played him so much closer to how I envisioned Adam, while he could be ruthless and dastardly like Victor - he still had moments where it was so clear that he was Hope's son. He was able to evoke empathy and instill some humanity into Adam that I have not seen at all from Michael Muhney. In addition CE had much better chemistry with EB, JM, and AH than MM has ever had.

• Members

I think the character is dead no matter who plays him but the main difference is I did see a character with Engen. I think Muhney basically plays what he wants to play, which puts him in line with most of the other Y&R cast members who get storylines, but is distracting. The "fun" ad-libs to Victor, the boring Shadam stuff, is all actor, no character.

• Members

Can't imagine who else it would be besides the previous Noah.

Regarding Engen, that would be great but it would never happen. Engen's Adam, at least in the beginning, was a beautifully crafted character, and Engen was really perfect in the role. He portrayed the sensitive "Hope" side blended with the ambitious "Victor" aspect very well. As someone upthread pointed out, Muhney just comes off as so smug and entitled. Anyone know if MAB's plan was always for him to go insane and terrorize Ashley, or does that have Sheffer written all over it? Since we all know that Ashley got boring Sabrina's story, I wonder if Griffith & MAB's original plan was to have a more modified, tamer version of what actually happened play out, which would've made his redemption believeable, but then Sheffer and the master mystery storyteller Hamner got their grubby hands on it and made it so mustache-twirlingly over the top.

Archived