Y&R: actor temporarily replaced

• Members

http://cbs.soapsinde...shriner-in.html

Multiple sources tell Soaps In Depth that there's a casting switch ahead on THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS: Ted Shackelford will be briefly replaced by Kin Shriner (Harrison; Keith, AS THE WORLD TURNS; ex-Scott, GENERAL HOSPITAL) in the role of Jeff. Look for Shriner to appear in about three episodes.

As soon as we learn details behind the temporary replacement, we'll let you know!

UPDATE: Y&R has released a statement, saying "Kin Shriner is temporarily stepping in on Y&R as Jeff Bardwell because Ted Shackelford is not available. Kin's episodes will begin airing in late April."

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kin played that Harrison Bartlett character back in late 2004. The son of whomever Katherine was dating at the time.

P.S. Isn't he a little young for the role? Like, aren't he and Christian LeBlanc the same age range? Oh, well. A job's a job.

• Members

This seems like such a non-event. They hardly use Shackelford as it is. I think he's logged 1 or 2 eps so far this year. Just write the character out temporarily or give his brief scenes to someone else. This reminds me when ATWT had to replace Eileen Fulton with Carmen Duncan, though Lisa had appeared like four times total that year. Kind of ridiculous.

• Members

Aside from the Luke and Laura wedding rerun which is one of the rare GH episodes I've ever watched I've only known Kin from his B&B, Y&R, and ATWT work really. I like Kin even though his ATWT character was on the bland side. Like most of Y&R's characters though I don't see the purpose of Jeffery anymore.

The Harrison Bartlett story was embarrassingly bad. You had the great David Hedison brought in as Arthur Hendricks brought in as Katherine's long lost love and well back then Jill's long lost father. Arthur helped Katherine recover from falling off the wagon and rekindled their romance, and Jill began a father-daughter relationship. Kay and Arthur got engaged. But, then, Katherine received a visit from Arthur’s former stepson accusing him of killing his mother for the money. Arthur denied it saying Harrison was a druggie. Katherine threw him out, but he took his case to Jill. Jill continued to raise suspicions. Well Arthur got mad at the accusations, broke off the engagement with Katherine, and simply left town in like a single day. The end. It was the biggest build-up to nothing.

Archived