Y&R: March Discussion Thread

• Members

While I can appreciate Traci's smackdown of Jack (and honestly, he is an arrogant, whining child, at least as it concerns Jabot), here's the thing---"the Abbott presence" at Jabot will end the minute Ash breaks it off with Tucker. While it's undoubtably true that Jack is only really interested in making sure he has a presence at Jabot (vs. "the family"), he's also a) the child responsible for John losing control of Jabot and B) right to be wary of Tucker.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG!, did Katherine ever make me sick today when she was telling off Nick,Victoria and Abby. She should be saying that Stuff to Victor for crying out loud!!! If i hear your say "HE IS MY DEAR FRIEND!!!" one more time i'm seriously going to throw something at the tv. This is just Bulls*it for her to be saying all that stuff she is saying. Tucker and the kids don't and will never hold a candle to all the stuff Victor has done over the years. I now hope for the day when Victor does something deceiving to Katherine, but Katherine would probably just sugar coat it as doing something for the best....

• Members

Yes! Right now, I can't stand her or Billy (though that's mainly because I am beyond tired of Billy Miller hamming it up in every damn scene).

I have to say, I really liked Friday's episode, thought it was a good show. Really loved the interaction between Ashley/Katherine, Jill/Nikki, and Ashley/Jack/Traci

ETA: Ashley's shirt is seriously fugly. It looks like Granny Chancellor's table cloth.

• Members

Seems like classic Kay to me. Kay has never been the upstanding moral player in town, she has always done what suits her interest. She has kept tight control of CI ever since P2 died. I don't see Brock, Jill, P3, Mac, or Chance with any voice or control.

Victor is the one that backs her when CI is in trouble, and was the first one in line to offer help when Tucker took over. She and Victor are soulmates business wise. They help each other stay in total control of their respected empires.

• Members

To be fair though Brock, Phillip, Mackenzie & Chance didn't want to go into business.

However Katherine did let Jill run CI when they thought they were mother & daughter which makes her absence from the business stories a total missed opportunity by Maria.

• Members

^^^EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Today is exactly what makes corporate stories boring. All the talk of IPO's and silly press conferences aren't engaging. And I seriously didn't even understand why Nick and Victoria have suddenly made this a crusade to oust Victor (I guess that's their plan now anyway... :huh: ). I mean honestly, they can't take their combined BILLION dollars and make their own company? And Diane's the "golddigger" in town? When Vicki was trying to talk Nick into going after BON, he said BON was "her thing" and not interesting to him. Now he's all about trying to leverage it away from Vic? WTH?

Best moment of the eppy? Diane slapping the bejesus out of Nick. :lol:

Daniel/Daisy/Jana? SNORE.

• Members

I agree with P.J. it is a shame really because Y&R use to do the best business/corporate stores that were interesting and engaging. Latham shot it all to hell during her reign, and now MAB is pretty much "honoring" history by recycling a brilliant story from 20 years ago in third-rate fashion. I suppose if Tucker is the new Victor then is Nick the new Jack? So my question now is when does Victor suffer his first stroke? :ph34r:

• Members

Because it's about them proving to Victor that he can't control them.

However all the subtext is lost cause the writing is horrible (with Adam being MIA & Abby being an idiot) & the acting is even worse (Morrow sleepwalking & Heinle just being consistently below par).

Victoria has always wanted to prove to Grambo that she's more than capable then Nick & that Victor's misplaced chauvinism has always caused him to value style (Nick) over substance (Victoria).

While Nick has always wanted to prove to Victor that he can have everything Victor didn't have (a life outside of business) as well as the things his father legitimately earned (success in business) by avoiding the mistakes Victor's made over the years as a father, a businessman & a human being.

Unfortunately neither actor is up to the task & neither is the writing so Adam is used as a plot device, Abby is ridiculously inconsistent (as is Ashley) & the other two look like greedy, immature brats.

Pure agenda driven character assassination.

Daniel needs to go.

Both Graziadei & the character have been totally unnecessary from the beginning.

• Members

This lawsuit is just so muddled. The entire Tucker/BON angle is completely stupid. How on EARTH was Jack ever supposed to "fulfill" his end of the deal? Why would he even agree? I know Jack is "obsessed" with getting back into Jabot, but he's been "obsessed" with that in one form or another for the last 25 years. Ash is just calling him on it now?

I understand (or I did) Vicki's motivation, at least as it concerns her miscarriage and Vic's arrogant jerking her around during her wedding and Nikki's rehab. But Nick....he's getting a little too hot under the bonnet for me to think this isn't about Diane. Which is kind of weird, since he's the one who dumped her in the first place. And has treated her like the plague since.

But now they're indignant because Vic won't give them what they want? GMAFB.

It really is too bad the story is so bogged down in boring details. Just the fact Vic would rather let strangers into his company than take the easy way and give the "brats" what they want is a magnificent "screw you" sentiment. It should have been one of those soap events you talk about for years. Unfortunately, it's so hard to understand either side's position that it takes you out of the moment, and lessens the impact.

• Members

+1.

There's no investment in The Abbotts & the complete lack of anything Carlton related is ridiculous.

Nick is a non entity.

His participation in the lawsuit is frivolous at best & makes him look like even more of a greedy opportunist than Victoria.

The sad thing is Victor is the one that ends up looking sympathetic cause none of his kids are worthy & not just from a Victor Must Always Win either.

As you said Newman going public should be a legit game changer for everyone involved but it's as much a non event as Clear Springs cause nobody the actors, the characters or the viewers are invested in the story.

Archived