Y&R: March Discussion Thread

• Members

Maura as Grace would have been interesting even if Grace has less staying power than Diane. I'm sure Sharon and Phyllis would have the same reactions, more so with Sharon.

Actually, at least they did use Doris to tell Sharon what we all have been thinking. Sorta like wheeling out Gina to blast Kevin only to be shut down by Colleen of all people. :ph34r:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not so sure that Joshua Morrow doesn't do well in focus groups, and additionally, I don't think CBS puts as much stock into them as ABC (who only cares about focus groups when they fit their agenda and will pick scenes/tapes, etc. that they feel will yeild the results that they want from the group participants anyway).

• Members

Oh, I know that -- which is why I put "focus groups" in inverted commas. I'm just saying, to back up their argument (if they ever wished to make it), they could point to any number of credited or uncredited sources as proof that Phick/Shick need a rest ("we're getting all these emails..."). At the end of the day, Morrow is pretty much a company man so the likelihood is that he would toe the line. He doesn't rush to the soap press every time he gets a story he doesn't like. He's got a family and a nice lifestyle. As he once said "they pay me to take my shirt off."

Unfortunately, MAB is even more clueless about puvblic opinion. OMG, she is having super-fun with this HWing lark! Girl thinks she shits flowers and rainbows and that "the fans" just love it.

• Members

I liked Diane and Nick' story I thought Maura's Diane brought Josh's Nick acting up a notch or two. I didn't like Victor being inserted so quickly..I wanted a bit more of that interaction to play out.

Since Abby's been aged up I can't recall a scene of her addressing her conception...she does say things like I'm an outsider re: being one of Victor's children...

Vizion re Focus Groups:

Rauch said flat out in an interview Y/R doesn't use them for various reasons one that I recall is by the time changes can be implemented its too late and a waste of time. I have the interview somewhere on our website...I'll look it up can't remember if it was TV Guide or Michael Fairman (DayTime Confidential?) interview..

Archived