Paul Rauch OUT at 'Y&R'

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sally won't be making any creative decisions, she's just handling production matters.

As was previously mentioned, Y&R is taking on a production system similar to B&B's. Maria will serve as the figurehead EP, as Brad Bell does, while Sally McDonald gets the Producer credit and handles the production matters, as Rhonda Friedman did for years and as Ed Scott does currently at B&B.

Nothing will change at Y&R as long as Maria, Sheffer, and Hamner are there. So don't expect anything out of this show.

The only thing that should be easy to spot if if Sally shakes up the production and gets rid of the crap bright lighting and bland directing (she is a director after all!).

• Members

Her writing for minorities was stereotype-laden and pathetic but it seemed like after Rauch arrived it just dribbled down to nothing, with monthly appearances (if that). I have seen this pattern on all his soaps so that is why I wonder if it was specific to him. Hopefully at the very least they will dump Malcolm.

• Members

Nothing about this show will ever make me tune in again, unless most of that writing team is fired, or Maria's power is severely limited and the writing is handed over to a more competent group of people.

Neither is likely to ever happen...

Seeing as how the ratings have been free-falling recently and if they continue to decline at this rate, I wonder if the Bell's will make some rash decisions in an attempt to stop that though.

Or they might just follow Brad Bell's lead again and ignore it all.

Archived