Paul Rauch OUT at 'Y&R'

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He didn't have much creative influence anyway, all he handled was the production matters from what I gathered.

Nothing will change, Maria and her henchmen are still there. I wonder if they'll hire a new producer to handle the day to day production now, since Maria doesn't handle that. Though, with Y&R's luck, it will probably be someone like Chris Goutman.

• Members

Rauch's tacky and sh!t lighting went hand and hand with Maria and company's shi!t and tacky writing.

Whoever oversees the production from now on better be decent and know how to work a limited soap budget, where even if the stories suck, the show can still get by on its visual aesthetics (which Y&R used to excel it - more than any soap Y&R used to be defined by its look, which is no longer the case).

• Members

Billy and Victoria's ugly ass new house was it for me. I knew Y&R had lost it. Those yellow walls, the cheap chintzy pictures, and the completely unimaginative set design. It looks nothing like a Y&R set.

I was watching that OLTL repeat from 1995 today and I realized that OLTL, then looked more like Y&R, than Y&R does now! If that makes sense.

The show is just a mess in every respect, losing Paul Rauch will not make any difference.

• Members

Well perhaps this is the best news about Rauch since his 2002 GL exit. At least with Rauch gone the show at least has the chance to get a little more better production values and perhaps a little more diverse as well. Time to bring back Ed Scott!

As long as we are saddled with MAB/Sheffer/Hamner the writing will still suck. Let this be a start to change the whole regime.

Archived