Paul Rauch OUT at 'Y&R'

• Members

Sheffer did write for minorities consistently at ATWT, although the stories he gave them were unbelievably offensive at times and did great damage to a character I loved (Jessica). He also wrote for a few minorities at DAYS, although mostly that awful Marcus Patrick character.

MAB produced story for black characters in her pre-Rauch months at Y&R, although again, it was rigidly stereotyped.

It wasn't until Rauch came along that black characters were completely banished.

So this means a possible move from nothing to trash. I guess that's better than nothing...barely...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love to see Ed Scott back, pronto. I'd settle for LML. If this were up to CBS, Goutman would be a shoe in. The network seems to want all things ATWT from West to Susan Dansby. Plus, Goutman was supposed to have already directed an episode. He does know how to run a soap with no budget and still have it come out looking semi-okay. I guess he ran a lot of back of the house stuff for TeleNext (GL) meaning MAB can work the hell out of him. Goutman had some good ATWT moments but ruined any progress with that ego.

I just hope Sony is smart enough to just say no! He will end up involved in the writing process, reduce vets to mere window dressing, and start marrying off the teen set.

Y&R is a unique soap that, until recently, had it's own look feel and pace. Raunch made Y&R look just like all the rest. Maybe Sony should grab someone from primetime.

I bet Goutman and Hogan's daytime Emmy Awards are a huge arguement in favor of this. goutman is king of recasts so let the recasts begin: 'The role of Billy Abbot is now being played by Roger Howarth.' 'The role of Jill Fenemore is now being played by Brenda Dixon only to be recasted six monts later by Coleen Zink'

• Members

JFP against the World...for all the times Jill cried, at least she always had production values on her side...remember when JFP came around, and was frightened by LML the clown...when JFP is gone (from daytime), at least she might have A Martinez to carry on...

Archived