Paul Rauch OUT at 'Y&R'

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Goutman's never going to go to Y&R---he needs to be THE man, and that's not going to happen on a Bell soap. My bet is they promote someone from within to "help" MAB.

Although honestly, I do think they could use some outside blood to help the pace of the show. Sometimes it just feels so bogged down.

• Members

Seriously. Someone need to stage a coup and take over this whole mess. Not only Y&R, but daytime as a whole. Never going to happen, now that the thing has completely dwindled. But a serious, thorough cleansing of the messy stables is absolutely required.

• Members

Ed Scott or David Shannesy (sp?) would be great--someone who has some experience with the show. Goutman did up ATWT production values; however, this doesn't say much considering the show never looked very good.

Y&R has a lot of dead end/lost characters. Cloe had so much potential, and in so many ways was like a younger Jill.

Overall, the cast is still strong but in need of direction. Phylis is great, when used correctly, and the same can be said for the majority of the actors.

Only Ronan, Chance, Heather, Lilly and Sofia need to go.I'd like to see Olivia and Malcom get back together.

Maybe they could bring some B&B talent on board like Felicia or Thorn?

• Members

The problem is most of these characters are so depleted through years of bad writing and bad use that I don't see potential anymore. Phyllis, at the very least, needs a rest. I can't look at Sharon after the last few years and even though I know Michael Muhney is popular I don't buy anything with Adam either and the dynamics with the Newmans are played out and dragged down by a lack of energy from Braeden, Case, and Morrow. Jack is basically done as a character. Victoria and Nick are worthless. In spite of several years of heavy airtime and every pairing under the sun, Billy continues to be a black hole. Chloe seems pointless. Kevin is just too damaged and the recent decision to try to write him as a leading man is the last straw. I like Emily O'Brien but Jana is pointless. Ashley I don't really notice one way or the other but I don't think anyone since Bill Bell has gotten her. Daniel also seems used up. Gloria and Jeffrey are barely on the show now. Malcolm is a disaster. Lily just seems to constantly have the same stuff over and over. Heather is a disaster. Ronan is a bore. Tucker is the biggest disappointment ever.

I guess if they can write something for Abby maybe she could carry on with the Newman kid name. I still don't believe her as Abby but Rylan is doing her best.

You have characters going nowhere with actors who are either lost or don't care. I'm sure there are some other people I'd keep that I am forgetting about but generally I think the show should slowly phase most of these characters out, and then if things improve some could come back.

Archived