Paul Rauch OUT at 'Y&R'

• Members

1. The pieces were not left dangling when the head writer & creator of the show repeatedly stated that both those stories were mistakes.

2. Subsequent regimes increasingly lazy writing & constant horrible retcons to those stories & characters involved do not negate the above.

3. It's also especially NOT true for Billy's parentage given Jill was CLEARLY shown NOT to be pregnant after her relationship with Victor.

Keep trying. :lol:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. I'd like sourced information to verify that the head writer and creator repeatedly stated that both of those stories were mistakes...mistakes that he never corrected.

2. Ashley's parentage was never the source of a retcon.

3. Jill's relationship with Victor coincided very conveniently with her pregnancy of Billy.

• Members

Avoidance is not your strong suit. I never said that Victor IS Billy's father. I said the possibility exists. And it does.

Now, again, back up your statements of fact regarding Bill Bell regarding those stories as mistakes that he would never revisit with verifiable sources.

• Members
I don't have anything against giving a show's characters/families the DEL or F5 treatment. But the current writers in charge and many before them have absolutely zero clue as to how to make interesting, new characters that are three dimensional without shoving these newbies down our throat and expecting us to believe in their stories and lives when they haven't a clue how to put real characters on a page.

• Members

As impossible as it sounds I had always wanted JT to be the kid Rose stole from Nina; especially after he married Victoria. Imagine how horrified Victoria would have been to learn that Nina was her mother-in-law. Nina would have given Victoria hell during the custody case over Reed.

• Members

:lol:

It was a typo. It was supposed to read Oct 2008- May 2009. Still a bit longer than 6 months, but you get the idea.

I know I'm not much of a source, but I can back her up on some of that. Bill Bell did state on record that having Dru sleep with Malcolm was a mistake and he never intended to revisit that part of the storyline. He never wanted Malcolm to be Lily's father, he knew the question was out there, but he wasn't ever going to go there, not even with so much as a paternity test. As for Victor/Jill and Billy, I vaguely remember him saying that Billy was undoubtedly John's son, I think in the same article. It was a section of an SOD interview with him talking about loose ends that he left dangling on the show.

I LOVE that. Either way, I want Nina and realVictoria in story together like, yesterday.

Archived