Rank Your Soaps

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I was working full time and raising my daughter, I never had time to watch soaps or even record them and watch them later. When I finally started working from home and we couldn't get any cable there, I started watching Another World, Generations, Y&R and All My Children. Now my favorite is OLTL, when I can fast fwd thru the teens! I also no longer watch Y&R.

• Members

1) OLTL 1986-2006, 2008-2010 (Could not stomach the Higley era) There is no other show that has covered SO much ground, and no other show is as good when its good- or bad when its bad.

2) Y&R 1987-2009, very sporadic viewing now-- By far the best soap opera ever, but I never felt as strong a love for the characters as OLTL. But my god the show was beautiful to watch. And it had its own visual style and writing/production identity. It was special.

3) GH 1986-1992, have watched maybe 60 episodes since then.

4) B&B 1989-2009, sometimes I get drawn back in, with Stephanie's Cancer storyline. In the end the majority of the cast has always been weak, ALOT of useless characters, a real campfest- and I don't think it is intentional. And this show would be NOTHING without the Sheila crossover from 1993 or whenever it was. THAT was some great soap opera. I always fast forward the B/C storylines. And rest in peace Darlene Conley. You are missed.

5) Days- I watched during the Kristen/Mary Moira/Susan stuff. I LOVED it. But I never could get into this show otherwise.

• Members

Well, it's been in my signature for awhile, but here ya go:

1. All My Children

2. As the World Turns

3. The Young & The Restless

4. Ryan's Hope

5. Guiding Light

6. Search For Tomorrow

7. Santa Barbara

8. The Secret Storm

9. Another World

10. General Hospital